Visiting UNC at Chapel Hill (North Carolina)?

1) What hotels are the best to stay at that are near the UNC campus or the downtown area (I heard about like a Franklin street or something)

2) How far is Duke, NC State, and Wake Forest from the UNC campus?

3) How far is the Raleigh-Durham Airport from UNC Campus? in

4) What's the weather like in a February?

5) Are there lots of basketball shops for gear of UNC nearby?

6) Anything else I should check-out?

7) THANKS

Favorite Answer

For hotels I would go to a site like aaamaps.com and enter UNC into the location. From there you can select to see hotels in the area. There's a Residence Inn by Marriott and a Hampton Inn, that are near the campus (not walking distance though) There's a few others, but those are the nicest ones, that don't cost a fortune.

Franklin St, is the main street where everyone goes out, bars, shops and restaurants and yes lots of UNC gear. Top of the Hill is probably the most popular hang out.

Duke is about 15-20 mins, NC State 40 mins, Wake Forest 1 1/2 hours

From RDU airport to UNC is about 20-25 mins

Weather is usually pretty cold, but no snow. I would say 30s-40s

Chapel Hill is a beautiful campus and the surrounding area is pretty nice too...Duke is a beautiful campus but is surrounded by ghetto, NC State is spread out all over the place and is very close to downtown Raleigh, therefore its not the best surroundings either. Wake Forest is a pretty campus but the city of winston-salem is blagh and sketchy.

You could always try and get basketball tickets while you are in town...its def right in the heart of ACC basketball country and people are hardcore fans. If you like hockey, the hurricanes are nearby. The Streets at Southpoint is the closest mall to UNC, lots of shops, restaurants but basically just a typical mall. My fav place to eat is Kanki, japanese steak just down the road from chapel hill in Durham. There's really nothing super exciting about the triangle area, esp in February.

I don't know where you are coming from to visit the campus, but a few notes that may help. (I'm a northerner that moved to the area after college)

If you go out at night, the college kids do not dress the same as they do up north...guys dress like douchebags in khakis and polo shirts, and deck shoes, girls wear sundresses and pearl earrings...people cannot drive in the south, they are horrible...be extra careful if it's cloudy and super extra careful if it's raining..people crash their cars at the sight of a raindrop. All the major highways have 4's or 5's in them, so it can get confusing. I lived there for 2 years and I still never figured out the inner and outer belt.

Generally, it doesn't feel as southern as other areas because you have so many northern transplants at the universities and also RTP which is an area that houses the headquarters of major companies like IBM and GlaxoSmith Kline.

Hope you have fun!

Source(s): Lived there from jan 07-jan 09
  • chukri

Unc Chapel Hill Airport

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

4) What's the...

Source(s): visiting unc chapel hill north carolina: https://shortly.im/OaL2b

That's interesting

• Phuc

Do you even have your master's?