Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

Should I let my son be friends with a kid who has parents that don't own guns?

My son was invited to play with one of his preschool friends and I just found out they are anti guns. They have absolutely no guns in the house. I just don't feel it is safe to let my son go to a house that doesn't allow guns inside. Should I tell him he can't play over there anymore?

• Favorite Answer

and why exactly isn't your kid carrying his own gun?

Take a lesson from your neighbors. Guns are useless in a suburban setting.

How many kids are killed each year by careless handling of guns. God forbid it's your children or the neighbor's kid.

When I became a father, that was the day I shipped my guns off and I haven't missed them, or needed them.

When a war comes along, that is a different story. Teach your children to use and respect guns.

Maybe you don't agree with me and that is OK. So listen to this advice. I'm a gun advocate. I believe there is no way to 100% keep guns away from children when parents are away from home. Locks have keys, safes have a combination, and kids are incredibly intelligent and inventive. They will find a way to get to your guns.

Do you have a relative or hunting friend who can keep your guns secured away from the kids?

How do you secure your guns?

Another thing. Don't tell people in the community you have guns. No one should know, especially the neighbor's kids. Word gets around to the wrong people.

• cermak

i could initiate by technique of asking the buddy how she feels concerning the BB incident. possibly dad we could the youngster do stuff with out mom understanding...i could additionally develop well-known gun protection and the place they keep their weapons (are they locked?) yet another tack could properly be to call your pediatrician and spot in the event that they have recommendations on gun protection you need to use to help show the mummy. If the mummy is unconcerned, you are able to call toddler centers in this one. A gun is the simplest of approaches and particularly consumer-friendly for a toddler to be sure and use. It will in no way be long till now he can hearth it. He could additionally discover yet another weapon in the abode and use it with tragic effects. If calling toddler secure practices could seems harsh or frightening or such as you're crossing the line through fact he's no longer your toddler, then think of approximately your infants. you reside in a duplex. If a intense calliber gun is fired in a room on their area of the duplex you have no longer have been given any assure that bullet won't come via the dividing wall and hit one in each of your infants. regardless of if the boy fires off a bb exterior, you are able to desire to lose one in each of your infants or they could properly be blinded or any variety of issues. You sound like a compassionate guy or woman who needs to help this relatives and keep the youngster secure. appropriate needs. playstation i'm no longer anti-gun. I even have lived for some years in rural areas the place all people had weapons and hunted often. youthful young ones have been uncovered to weapons and looking out at a early age....yet they have been taught to appreciate weapons and knew they weren't toys.

Just because they don't like guns doesn't mean your son can't go over there. It could be bad if the kids got into the guns and did well… bad things. But if you live in a bad area that could be a problem.

That's not really a reason to stop your kid from being there friend, as long as the parents don't spread there F'd up beliefs

If they do talk to him about it, then i'd have something to say, but it's safe for them to be friends, even though his parents are F'd up, just make sure your son doesn't listen to there beliefs

Plus you don't want to break your sons heart and make him sad because he can't play with his friend anymore

i dont think you should keep your kid from having friends just because his parents dont keep guns.

and maybe your question is a joke or something, but i think all the people calling you a bad parent, or saying that what you asked is stupid, need to realize that not everyone lives in a pretty little perfect place where crime never occurs. or that maybe you have gone through some type of bad experience, and you feel the need to keep your child very well protected.

either way, do what your gut instinct tells you, he is your kid, and you need to make the decisions you feel are best for him.

LOL thats funny. Most of the time its the other way around. Most parents are scared with guns, something may happen. I wouldn't mind if my kid went to a house without guns, but if they went to one with guns, i would be a little concerned.

Yes, Its a safe place for the kids..like the kids will not find a gun and shot one and another plus they are kids it does not mean they are going to grow up and be just like there mom and dad!

I'm confused, if this is a real question. im not against having a gun in the home, as i live in chicago...but whats the harm in letting your kids having a friend whos parents dont have 1...it is safer for your kid..,r u from texas? lol

well most people would think the opposite. That kids should not be in a house with a bunch of guns. What kinda neighborhood do you live in anyway?

Yes, and make sure they have beer and pot available to the kids too (I believe you are being sarcastic and so am I).

I get it though. You think there should be a gun in case someone breaks in.