Robert
Robert asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Medical Insurance Companies are the problem. Why not universal healthcare without the insurance companies?

I hate Health Insurance Companies. They are the biggest problem. Everyone dislikes the quality of their health insurance. So why not get rid of them and have universal health care. No more bills. No more harassing calls to pay bills. No more straightening out incorrect billing. No more hassling denied claims. No more giant medical bills. No more loosing homes to pay bills. No more nuts running around without their meds. Just no more. Why is this something anyone would be against. It has nothing to do with our great medical system. It is about the very bad health insurance companies.

Favorite Answer

I agree, we should have universal health care.

If we can spend billions of dollars a year on war, we can provide health care for Americans.

Those presently working for the insurance carriers could switch to the universal plan to ward off job losses.

• bigda

I stay in a rustic with a unmarried-payer device. no longer in basic terms this, however the government owns and runs most of the hospitals and employs the scientific group. it isn't any longer a appropriate device (and it is totally high priced), regardless of the undeniable fact that it works fairly properly and is very standard. once you're ill, you will get healed, no rely in case you're prosperous or unfavorable. most of the fears individuals seem to particular in those circumstances - that they won't be waiting to make options approximately their healthcare, or that the state would be prying into their affairs - are laughably misguided.

With universal health care, there will be long wait lists for certain procedures or to see certain types of specialists.

I live in Canada and we have universal health care. In August, I was having a bit of trouble with my eyes. Through the health care system, the earliest that I could see a specialist was November 29th. I went through my insurance company and got to see the specialist in two days.

Ask Obama and the democrats why this is not done, Their so called reform is just blowing smoke. They want to control the compensation of CEO's of the car companies and banks, but not the compensation of the rich doctors and health care providers.

Why won't Obama, Pelosi, and Reid propose just putting everyone in the USA in Medicare?

They are corrupt bribe takers, that's why. Just as big a crooks as the republicans.

• mackie

No more personal freedoms,no more free market,no more right to appeal an insurance decision,no more low taxes,no more right to chose doctors and insurance companies,no more right to take responsibility for your choices,no more right to chose if you live or die,no more excellent medical care,no more advancement in science or medicine,no more new doctors,nurses or hospitals,because it is all owned by your Government,in fact,this is the first step in controlling your life and leading the country toward communism.Why would anybody be against that?

its about kickbacks to corrupt gov. officials from lobbyist they can not do what is right if you take any thing from anybody so the ins. got them in there pocket kickbacks are in any form dinner,girls/boys,money donations any thing but the corrupt gov. thinks they are owe this but then they owe the lobbyist so no right just wrong and they don't care one little bit

Have you ever noticed how government run programs operate here in the US? Very slow, inefficient, wasteful, rude employees, long lines, crappy service and disappearing money. Oops! what happened to that million dollars? Where did it go?