Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What equipment is needed for converting photo's to canvas prints?

I am looking to try and transferring my photo's to canvas prints but would like to know what equipment would be needed and how much it may cost. I know I can get someone to do it for me but would like to do it myself.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Transferring your photos to canvas prints? Do you mean PRINT your photos on canvas?

If you want to do it yourself, there is no magic or very special equipment needed. It is done with any of the larger format ink jet printers. The higher end Epsons or Canon Image Pro Graph models are capable. All you then need is the canvas stock. Many places sell this, usually in rolls, but also in precut sizes. Usually, the manufacturer of the printer sells canvas stock so you will already have the proper drivers built in to the printer. If you use a third party canvas, for best results, you will probably need to download the drivers for the canvas and your printer from the paper manufacturers website.

Frankly, there are so many places doing this now that are properly set up for it, that I just can't see going to the expense and trouble of trying to do it yourself.

steve

• ?

Canvas Printing Equipment

or just buy canvas for inkjet printers Hahnemühle do a Canvas product (Daguerre Canvas) or take it to a high street photo lab and they can print it on to a similar product for you. My brother used Snapfish for a an excellent photo cnavas.

• ?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axsAz

If you haven't done it before you may find it worth using an online canvas printer as it can be quite tricky, especially wrapping the canvas around the frame.

• Why not just ask them? They would have first hand knowledge of what it cost

Source(s): logical

Never thought about that too much

I too want to ask the same question