pineapple upside down cake recipe that's moist and buttery and delicious?

by the way what do you top yours with? whipped cream?

Favorite Answer

I make 2 different pineapple upside down cakes. The first one and the easiest is using a yellow cake mix. I prefer "Betty Crocker". I follow the directions, but instead of adding just plain water use pineapple juice (add water if you need more liquid and add 1 heaping tablespoon of mayonnaise. I know this sounds disgusting but the mayo makes the cake very moist.

For the topping, I melt 1 cup brown sugar, a pinch of salt, a pinch of cinnamon, a few drops of vanilla and a 1/4 cup butter in a cast iron skillet.

I got this recipe several years ago from the Betty Crocker web site. I omit the cherries and add the spice to the topping. I also bake my cake in a cast iron pan. Here is a link to the recipe.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/easy-pine...

When I have the time or I don't have a cake mix I use this other recipe. I always love the final outcome and it is very easy. I have also substituted the 6 tablespoons of cake flour for regular flour with good results. I have tried both toppings and liked them.

http://elise.com/recipes/archives/000231pineapple_...

Best of luck!

I normally just serve the cake plain but I remember my mom used to give me warm cake with un whipped cream on it. Yummm! I think I might make a cake.

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 2 tablespoons butter 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices, drained 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup shortening 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 egg, beaten 1 1/2 cups cake flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/3 cup milk Melt butter in an 8-inch square cake pan. Add brown sugar; blend with the butter. Arrange 5 or 6 pineapple slices over the bottom of the pan, cutting as needed to fit as many as possible. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, vanilla, and granulated sugar. Add egg; beat thoroughly. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Pour batter over pineapple. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.

I just made the most simple pineapple dessert ever. As well as so delicious. Not to sweet, buttery and who doesn't like the taste of cake mix!

It is called "dump cake". take a 13 x 9 pan dump in 1 can of crushed pineapple, sprinkle on a box of yellow cake mix, pour 1 can of cherry pie filling over that, dot with 2 sticks of butter, and put it in the oven on 350 for 45 mins to an hour. Serve warm with cool whip and enjoy!

Source(s): just type it in the computer there are many sites that have this and other variations of "dump cake"!

Blue ribbon pineapple upside down cake

Ingredients

1 can (20 1/2 ounce) pineapple rings in pineapple juice

12 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter

1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed

1/2 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed

1/3 cup chopped pecans

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 large eggs

2 large egg yolks

1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

Method

Heat oven to 325 degrees F.

Drain the pineapples and discard the juice. Place the pineapples on six layers of paper towel and allow the excess liquid to absorb for 5 minutes. Flip the rings over onto a dry spot of the towel and repeat.

Melt 6 tablespoons of butter, pour it into a 10-inch round cake pan, and sprinkle with the brown sugars. Arrange the pineapple rings in a single layer over the brown sugars, sprinkle with the nuts, and set aside.

Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.

Lightly beat the eggs, yolks, and vanilla together in a small bowl and set aside. Beat the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.

Reduce speed to low and alternately mix in the flour mixture and egg mixture. Pour the batter into the pan and bake until golden brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean — about 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Cool in the pan for 10 minutes on wire rack. Run a small, sharp knife around the edge of the pan to release cake.

I've never topped mine, but whipped cream sounds like a good idea!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 box Yellow Cake Mix (or Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix)

1 can Pineapple Slices (make sure your can has at least six. I get the large so I can eat two!)

1 stick margarine

1 jar of cherries (optional)

1 C Brown Sugar

In 9×13 inch pan, melt butter. Once butter is melted, sprinkle brown sugar all over bottom of pan. Place pineapple slices on top of brown sugar, reserving pineapple juice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.

Prepare cake mix as directed on package, substituting pineapple juice for some of the water called for. Slowly pour cake mix over pineapple slices and cherries.

Bake at 350 for forty five minutes, or until toothpick insterted in cake comes out clean.

For moister cake, cover before it has cooled completely.

For garnish I poor over a butter rum sauce:

1/2 cup light-brown sugar

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup dark rum

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped

Directions

1.In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stir brown sugar and heavy cream until sugar is melted. Pour in rum, and simmer, stirring until the sauce is smooth, thickened, and reduced. Stir in butter until melted. (This can be prepared ahead, cooled, covered, and set aside at room temperature for several hours

• kia

Pineapple Upside Down Dump Cake