Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

2010 is almost here already. Does the GOP even need to campaign?

Every day, the news is the best campaign advertising the GOP could hope for.

The Democrat congress in gridlock because the Democrats have broken down into perpetual infighting.

All the GOP candidates need to do is run an advert saying "My name is ____, and I'm a Republican. Please vote for me."

They'll win by a landslide.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The GOP slogan will be "We said NO"

Saying "No" is a badge of honor. It means you have a moral compass.

There are 2 branches of American Government no one has mentioned. The Evil agenda of the liberals can be tossed out by the Supreme Court. The other branch of American Government you forgot, is actually, in the long run, the most powerful of them all: The American people. The reason democrats can't pass whatever they want is because the American people are screaming "No" In the long run, Representatives have to listen to us. Some of them are.

If I was a Senator, I would proudly wear the moniker of "Senator No"

Liberals are acting like a bunch of 13 year old kids with their parents credit cards. Somebody has to stand up and tell them "No"

It's not an excuse for the 13 year old kids to claim it's OK because their parents gave them the credit card.

Sure, the American people made a mistake of putting 13 year old kids in charge. but, in our defense, many of us had no idea they would reach into our wallets and use the credit cards past the max.

Now we are saying "No" and they are acting just like a 13 year old would. They are whining and throwing temper tantrums.

Now, the 13 year old kids are demanding what "we" have to replace the credit card with? The answer is "nothing" They don't deserve the credit card, they misused it. The trouble is, the kids have lots of credit cards and we will have to be on our toes because they are going to hide the spending as long as they can. Lying, crying, cheating, mincing words, we can expect all that an more.

Liberal 13 year old kids have a playbook. We can expect them to use it. They have been using this playbook for over 40 years. We can expect them to attack us for taking away the credit card.

I have read the DNC playbook. The playbook they have used all this time is "Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/8925…

RULE 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon." There is no defense. It's irrational. It's infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

RULE 8: "Keep the pressure on. Never let up." Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

Now a final rule from Alinsky's playbook that needs a little explanation

RULE 11: "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative." Never let the enemy score points because you're caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)

Since the liberals think government is the solution to everything, they can't conceptualize our solution of - Let the free market work. This is our replacement strategy.

• caton
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

From the perspective of political attitude that's something to be seen. yet look at what is going on. in the event that they restoration it it replaced right into a republican victory, in the event that they blow it, that's a lot extra possibly they'd blame the tea occasion. so which you spot they're utilising a version of your attitude.. . one that gets them in capability now, yet provides them a scapegoat if issues do no longer artwork out.

• 1 decade ago

The GOP has been nicely construed by the DNC as the party of NO. Yes they need to campaign. Heck here in NYS we have a very hotly contested race wherein there is a Conservative and Republican candidate with major backing from DC and the Democrat is still winning in polls.

• Ken
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think there's a concept you should consider.

If the economy improves (as most economists believe it will) and if we're moving forward on health care with a congressional consensus (and that now looks very possible) and if international relations continue to improve (as I believe they will) then the Democratic Party will hold both houses in 2010 and President Obama will be re-elected in a landslide in 2012.

And you and the rest of the Republican Party can sit down and chew on that for yet another four years.

Please chew quietly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you want a landslide, come here to Virginia and watch Bob McDonnell mop the floor with this idiot Creigh Deeds, even Obamas endorsement wont be enough.

Gallup had McDonnell up by 8-9% as of this morning.

• Yeah, because the GOP has just been kicking @ss lately in the elections arena...lol. Newsfalsh Joe Bob, just because Fox doesn't like Democrats, doesn't mean the rest of the country doesn't

• 1 decade ago

I agree - but I think there's going to be some new conservative blood introduced as well. I think we will see some "Independents" and even Libertarians in numbers higher than ever before.

• Hally
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Only 21% of people identify as Republicans. That's why they need to advertise.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/poll...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/parsing-th...

• 1 decade ago

keep up that logic, the left loves it

• 1 decade ago

Right because they did such a great job when Bush was President. I mean people in this country are ridiculous. Keep voting for the same two parties, who keep lying to you time and time again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.