Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

True/False: Every major Cath. archdiocese in U.S. has had a molestation scandal?

I said it did:

I got this response:

"Troll.

Nobody sane believes that "every major archdiocese of the Roman Catholic Church in the US has had a scandal" about child molestation. Less than 1/20th of a percent of all Catholic Churches have anything to do with child molestation.

False witness is a grave sin."

Who is right? This guy, or me?

----Newell, Gay Catholic.

Update:

Here are the major archdioceses:

United States of America - Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh Saint Louis, , San Francisco.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

True

• 1 decade ago

I find it hard to believe that EVERY major archdiocese has had a child sex scandal. But not that hard.

Do you have evidene for this, maybe a report, or study or even an article from a newspaper.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No....I went to a catholic church and school in ny from the ages of 6-10 and was never molested. No one I knew was ever molested either....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mortality is a probationary time to enable man to repent and serve God—The fall brought temporal and spiritual death upon all mankind—Redemption comes through repentance—God himself atoneth for the sins of the world—Mercy is for those who repent—All others are subject to God’s justice—Mercy cometh because of the atonement—Only the truly penitent are saved.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Our archdiocese hasn't had a molestation scandal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am a devout atheist, but to attack a religion based on what you are saying does not bode well with me.

There are also a great deal many of atheist paedophiles.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Neither of you have really cited anything on the topic...

For all we know you're both full of !@#$.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if there are public schools, yes you would be right

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I read the news, so you're right.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that guy

sorry bro -_-

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.