Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it against the LDS religion to draw on your skin?

Someone said in church that it was but I disagree with them. Is it though?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • phrog
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

tattoos are not recommended, but there is nothing held against one even for that......

just random doodling or drawing - no. It washes off. I did it. my kids did it.......draw away.

• 1 decade ago

Well, it's akin to getting tattoos, and we've been told by the prophet himself (President Hinckley in 2000) to not get tattoos. That said, I don't think jotting down a phone number or a note on your hand is bad, but drawing all over for the sake of decorating yourself is not a good thing to do.

• 1 decade ago

I'd say the LDS church is neutral on the subject. It's not necessarily a good thing to do, but it's not really bad.

Source(s): I'm LDS
  • 1 decade ago

Sort of. I knew of people who kept inking themselves with a pen to get the same results as a tattoo. It's really the intention I think that counts. If you do it as a tattoo, then it's wrong, if it's a rare thing then no. But.... I've written a phone number on my hand once as a quick save because I was lacking paper at one time. Intresting question..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tattoos(permanently defacing God's creation - yes don't do it. As Gordon B Hinckley said "A tattoo is graffiti on the temple of the body."

Scribble on the hand or arm - knock yourself out

Source(s): LDS In this world and the next
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Church discourages tattoos (but I have one), but just drawing on your skin doesn't hurt anything.

• 1 decade ago

Oh you are gonna find someone to tell you just about everything you might think, do or say is wrong. Think for yourself. Are you getting a permanent tattoo? If not - then draw away! OMGosh!

• 1 decade ago

In the book of Leviticus it says to make no marks on your body, so yes, its against the Bible

Source(s): Holy Bible,,Leviticus, 19:28, Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
  • 1 decade ago

kinda, but not really. Just don't get a tattoo.

Source(s): LDS, and I write on my hand all the time
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.