Is it against the LDS religion to draw on your skin?

Someone said in church that it was but I disagree with them. Is it though?

• phrog
    Favorite Answer

tattoos are not recommended, but there is nothing held against one even for that......

just random doodling or drawing - no. It washes off. I did it. my kids did it.......draw away.

Well, it's akin to getting tattoos, and we've been told by the prophet himself (President Hinckley in 2000) to not get tattoos. That said, I don't think jotting down a phone number or a note on your hand is bad, but drawing all over for the sake of decorating yourself is not a good thing to do.

I'd say the LDS church is neutral on the subject. It's not necessarily a good thing to do, but it's not really bad.

Source(s): I'm LDS

Sort of. I knew of people who kept inking themselves with a pen to get the same results as a tattoo. It's really the intention I think that counts. If you do it as a tattoo, then it's wrong, if it's a rare thing then no. But.... I've written a phone number on my hand once as a quick save because I was lacking paper at one time. Intresting question..

Tattoos(permanently defacing God's creation - yes don't do it. As Gordon B Hinckley said "A tattoo is graffiti on the temple of the body."

Scribble on the hand or arm - knock yourself out

Source(s): LDS In this world and the next

The Church discourages tattoos (but I have one), but just drawing on your skin doesn't hurt anything.

Oh you are gonna find someone to tell you just about everything you might think, do or say is wrong. Think for yourself. Are you getting a permanent tattoo? If not - then draw away! OMGosh!

In the book of Leviticus it says to make no marks on your body, so yes, its against the Bible

Source(s): Holy Bible,,Leviticus, 19:28, Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

kinda, but not really. Just don't get a tattoo.

Source(s): LDS, and I write on my hand all the time