Holden asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

I have a cat that is mean what do I do?

My cat is mean, she doesnt like to be held or touched and all she does is attack my other cats, I know if i take her to a cat shelter all they will do is put her down because she is NOT friendly what do i do? is there anything I can do?

I have tried using a squirt bottle and treats and all that stuff for years it DOES NOT WORK with her

I also don't have money to take her to some ridiculous treatment center..... so it cant be anything that requires money

I GOT HER IN FRONT OF A STORE IN A BOX IVE HAD HER FOR 4 YEARS!!

Favorite Answer

Some cats dont like to be handled too much. Just give her some space and she may calm down and come to you.

I have heard that playing with your cat often is good for establishing bonds, I know my cat loves it, and it puts him in a great mood.

Also don't yell at her or spank her as this will only make her more aggressive.

Also, I don't know what you do when she fights with the other cats, but punishing her will probably not help - it only reinforces the negative association towards the other cats. You need to try and build a positive association towards them in her mind- again the playing :)

Good luck.

Some cats are like that my cat was mean for 5 years until she loosened up and was less uptight and nicer. She still bites occasionaly, but just keep her. She may grow on you and begin to loosen up later. Do not give her away, that's just runnign away from a problem that you can resolve and fix.

First of all, please don't hit your cat. That's just mean!

And there are a lot of No-Kill shelters out there. Look up online or in the phone book and see if you can find one. Maybe she needs a one cat family. Someone who can be around her everyday all day. Also, I know you might have to do it on a budget, but try taking her to the vet. When my cat Smokey started acting strange, I took him to the vet for a check up and found out that he had a bladder infection. A really bad one. Your cat might be acting up because she hurts. And if you take her to a vets office, and ask them to please find her a loving home, they might adopt her out. Or even find her a foster family.

Good luck.

Well it depends on where you got your cat. If you got her from an animal shelter, you're going to have to be patient. Most likely it's scared instead of mean.

If you got her from a store or friend, same rule applies.

Well you could try to be nice to the cat, but if it doesn't work be stern look her in the eyes and scream "no bad cat" not loud though because you wouldn't want to scare her...thanks

Learn Animal Reiki and im sure your cat will calm down. Reiki may seem hard to learn but its sort of easy. Or take her to a reiki center and they will ease her nerves and everything, reiki is a great method =)

When she is bad or does something mean, spray her with water lightly in a spray bottle. When shes good reward her with treats. Also spank her lightly if shes mean.

Source(s): Have 2 cats

time to get rid of it