Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Is there any software that enables me to build a webpage(html will work) and host it from my own machine?

i would like to know if there is any software out there that will enable me to build a basic web page(if i have to use html then it will work) and then save the file as an .html file and then host the file as a web page on my own p.c.?

I will have my own domain name so that is not an issue.

i would prefer the software to be windows based but linux will work.

Some web hosts offer such a program for free.

As you may know a domain name is just a name, not a real website. If you are going to create your website: 1- Buy a domain name. A domain name is a name you want to call your website (ex: www.yahoo.com). To get a domain name, you have to pay an annual fee to a registrar for the right to use that name. 2- Buy a web hosting service to provide your online space and enable you to get your website online at your purchased domain name.

As an experienced webmaster I recommend BH web hosting which I’m sure it would work for you and fulfill all your requirements. They have a really great offer for hosting & I have used them for over 3 yrs now, and have never had a single problem with them.

You can reach reviews about this web hosting provider and its latest DISCOUNT COUPONS at:

http://www.threehosts.com/reviews/1st

They also offer "Free Site Builder" that helps you build your web pages without difficulty if you are not skilled in using any website creating program. (WYSIWYG: What You See Is What You Get) You can use this service optionally. You can also create the pages offline with your favorite program (DreamWeaver, FrontPage, Microsoft Publisher, etc.), and then upload them to your web host. This is another easy way to get your website online.

******IMPORTANT********

* This service was awarded “The Best Web Host OF The Year”.

* If you sign up for this service you will have $75 credits to advertise your website with the google & yahoo search engines for free!

* You Can Register A Free Domain or Use Your Existing Domains. They Support All Domain Names.

****************************

Another useful link:

http://www.threehosts.com/create

There you can find a step-by-step guide to start your website.

If your website is not a business site (is personal), you can also refer to this cheap, reliable service:

http://www.goldpuma.com/

Hope this helps.

I think Dreamweaver does but i dnt know all that much about it.