Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Im starting to lose alot of hair?

I dont know why, i have alot of hair, and it has always fallen out but stayed thick, but now it seems like more and more hairs are falling out, especially since i switched to herbal essences conditioner, :/

i straighten my hair everyday, i odnt use alot of product only olive oil and mouse and hairspray if i dont straighten my hair

any ideas why this could be happening :(?

Favorite Answer

it could be from straightening it too much (which i think is also my problem) so you might want to give that a break. which was really difficult for me to do because i was kind of addicted to straightening it and couldn't stand how it looked any other way, but try something different and see if you like it, or try to straighten it every other day. try to lay off the blowdryer too and let it dry naturally because that will help strengthen your strands. don't brush hair when wet, it causes breakage. you can comb it with a wide-tooth comb to get tangles out which won't be as harmful. also too much product can damage your hair, so that could be a possible factor too. just try to be gentle with it and don't pull it back into tight ponytails or braids.

• You Usually Lose About 120-180 Strands A Day. Don't Straighten It As Much That Stresses It Out.Just Go At Least A Day A Week With Out Heat Styling. Or Doing Anything To Your Hair. Stress Causes Hair Loss. And That Herbal Essences Maybe It's Not Good For Your Hair, Maybe That's Why It's Falling Out. Ask Your Doctor

P.S. Mouse And Hairspray Can Make Your Hair Brittle And Break Off. Sorry It Was So Long Hope This Helps. :)

I have found some good tips in following link, It may be good for you too

http://www.beautifulhamesha.com/Hair-Fall-Tips.php