promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
? asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 1 decade ago

Mexico Info. Help???? PLZZZZ!!!!?

ok i have to make a brochure advertising mexico...and i need some fact on land,economy,and people and any other interesting facts on mexico...can anyone help me with this?plzzz!!!

also...

ok i have to compare and contrast mexico and the us....and my subjects are schools.,and families,...i need five differences and five similarities of the schools and the families in mexico and the usa....can anyone help me plz?????

p.s..this is for a project in 7th grade social studies...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In Mexico kids have 2 years of public kindergarten. All kids wear uniforms to school. Up to the 6th grade, school is only a half day. In order to go to public high school ( prepatoria) kids must pass an entrance exam. If they do not pass, their parents must pay to send them to a private school ( because they will accept anyone that pays) and after a semester , the student may take the test to get into public school again. Often the public school is actually better than the private school. In public school, misbehavior, skipping classes, and generally being a bad kid are simply not tolerated...kids who do not behave are OUT. Only 3 grades of school is mandatory. Elementary age kids NEVER walk to school alone...a family member always walks with them and waits for them at dismissal time to walk home.

Families in Mexico are usually much closer than in the U.S. Many family members live together. there is usually at least one grandma and grandpa in the house. Little kids are treated like princes and princesses...it is amazing that they turn out to be good kids since parents are very easy on them when they are young. Kids spend a lot more time with their parents...Mom or grandma is always in the house. Families do not sit around watching TV in the evening...they walk up and down the street until about 8:30 or 9:00 visiting with neighbors. Few kids have video games or computers...they PLAY and spend time with their parents. Teenagers are not usually rebellious, or smart alecky...they are actually very nice kids. They are not embarrassed to walk down the street with their parents. Even 16 and 17 year olds walk with their Mom and hold her hand or put an arm around her. Kids here absolutely ADORE their Moms. The love and respect their Dads and grandparents. They are very respectful of ladies and older people. I am an American living in Mexico and work with kids all the time. I find Mexican kids to be a bit shy, very courteous, well behaved, devoted to their families, and really great kids.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

well one of the things that is important is the location there are some areas were schools are comparable to that of syberia while in big metropolitant areas have an education system comparable to many european countries

many of the states with high population are very similar to the us but with a more "mexican" feel witch include architecture and culture and of course religion

one major difference is that many families are more united than in the US generaly families stick together for the rest of there lives instead of leaving after going to college children almost always abey there parents and rarely get "spoiled"usally because of money but also to teach the child how life really is

many of the schools in cities are very modern and comparable to the US or even the better

one of the major issues is that mexico doesnt give the money equally to the schools for example in a rural area you might see a school with little or no learning supplies and a poorly educated teacher

many students from the cities graduate high school but in rural areas many dont even pass primary school

Source(s): wikipedia lived there for some time
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

HELLO CHARLIE FROM VERACRUZ, I HOPE SOME DAY I HAVE THE CHANCE TO MEET YOU, YOU ARE A GREAT PERSON LIVING IN MEXICO, I THE STATE OF VERACRUZ, I LIVE IN VERACRUZ TOO, .ME GUSTARIA CONOCERTE, CHARLIE, PORQUE TU ERES UNA PERSONA MUY BUENA, POR FAVOR ESCRIBE UNA PREGUNTA EN MEXICO, LA PROXIMA SEMANA, EL MARTES, ESPERO VEAS ESTO QUE ESTOY ESCRIBIENDO PARA TI, CHARLIE,,, MI NOMBRE ES RASHI,,,, R 15. O.K. BYE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.