Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

New Zealander trying to get a U.S.A visa?

I have been accepted to work in the international disney college program and need to get a visa before I can go and work in America, does anyone know how complicated the process and interview are if I already have a job? Is it likely that I wont get granted a visa if i already have a job?



Sorry, should have been more specific.

I will not be studying full time over there, they accept students who have just finished college or are in college and have them work full time as an work experience kind of thing, working in the parks doing jobs like merchandise or fast food.

Here is the website it says its a J-1 Academic Exchange Experience visa.

We have the choice that we can either work study a little over there or not at all

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question :)

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You need a J-1 Visa.

    How do I apply for J-1 visa?

    To apply for J-1 visa, the documents required are:

    • Three copies of Form DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status, obtained from the sponsor of the student exchange programs

    • All pages of your USCIS Request Form DS-2019, originals only; no copies

    • Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions attended

    • Financial evidence showing you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period of your intended study. If you are funding the exchange visit out of personal funds, original bank books and the like are the clearest evidence of adequate funds

    • Completed nonimmigrant visa application Form DS-156/DS-157 and a completed Contact Information and Work History for Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant (Form DS-158) with photo (37x37mm and taken within the last six months) for each person applying

    • A separate form is needed for children, even if they are included in a parent's passport. These forms are available at the Embassy at no charge

    • Signed passport valid for at least six months after your proposed date of entry into the U.S.

    You may submit your J-1 visa application to:

    • A USCIS field office in the U.S. if you are in a lawful status in the U.S.

    • An American Consulate near your place of residence in your home country if you are outside the U.S.

  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    this college program is a student class rioght?

    you need to apply for a student visa.

    you will also have to resign from your job as well - unless the college allows you to defer or cancel your application.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.