Do you puriette in Tap?

I'm starting a dance class for Tap Again. But got put in level 1 because i can only puriette 1 time in a row. Do we use puriettes in tap?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jules
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

On occasion you'll do piroettes in tap. It kind of depends on the style of tap and what the choreographer wants. But you really need to be able to do double piroettes before you move up a level. They're pretty easy, just find your center of balance and spot, and don't look down. Keep your shoulders up, butt tucked under and the rest of your body tight and in control. It just takes practice :)

As for being put in level one, they wouldn't have put you there unless you didn't have the skills at this point for level two. You haven't taken tap in a while and no one can walk back into tap beyond the first level (unless they just skipped a year). Just refresh on the basics and then I'm sure by next year you'll be more than ready to move up. You don't want to be put in a higher level and not be able to do it. Teachers want you to be in a level where you'll learn, but excel.

Source(s): Competitive dancer
  • Jen
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yes, occasionally but, that might not be the only reason why you were put in level 1. Have you ever took tap before, if not, that would be why, you need to learn the basics first.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sometimes you do. That might not be the only reason you got put in that tap level either.

Source(s): Hope I helped.
  • 1 decade ago

yes sometimes there is a turning section in a tap dance. you need to refresh your Memory, so that is why they put you in level 1

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea. occasionaly. i do fuete turns on tap.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.