Hey I I'm changing the transmition on my 2001 isuzu ftr wich is an at545?

Hi I I'm changing the transmition on my 2001 isuzu ftr wich is a Allison

at545 wich was sliping from 2nd to 3rd when I bought the truck

so it finally gave up 70k miles later and since it had allways been sliping it never down shifted on it's own Well my question is will the new transmition down shift on it's own because I took a rental for a day and as you slow down it starts down shifting on it's own not sure what cind of transmition it had but I'm sure I liked the downshifting .this is my first automatic medium duty truck I always been a manual transmition guy

Any awnsers will help thanks guys

Favorite Answer

It may be a "auto-stick transmission." I think those kind you can shift manually or they automatically do it as needed.