Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Okay is it just me or is this insane?(details inside)?

Okay I thought there were several jackbutt Yankee fans but come on...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/frillies_are_co...

WE'RE the underdog? I'm pretty sure we are the defending champions and the best in the nl. thoughts?

To clarify I'm not calling Yankee fans rude idiots but I never thought one of them actually would write that.

From now on nobody can call PHILLY fans cocky and obnoxious.

Ok just realized this, the guy said their fans are second class when he was writing this cocky cr@p!

Wow. I mean don't live in. I've been there.

Well I wouldn't know I've never been to NY.

Reading my profile page will explain a lot to you... below the dashed line. Don't blame me I'm only like this this time of year...

Favorite Answer

I honestly hate the Yankees and the Phillies. I'm to the point where I'm not cheering for a team as a whole. I'm rooting for players(Jeter & Teixeira).

I, being a Braves fan, know the Phillies team very well. I also know the Yankees team well too. It will, without a doubt be a great series. Six or seven games.

The Phillies and Yankees, both, have great line-ups, great offense, and great defense. Like I said, it will be a great series to watch. Extra-inning games, ninth inning come-backs, and all that.

Anyone saying one team is alot better than the other is a load of BS. Again, I would predict a 6 or 7 game series, but who will win? I, honestly, have no idea. Both are great teams, and deserve to be where they are.

To answer your question(finally!), I think the article is comepletely insane. To say that about Philidelphia. It will be a great series to watch, before I die of boredom this off-season. I don't think the Phillies are the under-dogs, by a long-shot. I'm not saying they are going to go out and win in 4 games, I'm saying the teams will make it interesting.

The only reason it would explode is if you either put the lid on tight or if it was in an unopened can. The gases expand when frozen and if it's sealed tight, it will explode. I got into this kick once of freezing every beverage so it would get all slushy, but I always left the lid a little unscrewed, so it never exploded. Of course, there is still a problem when freezing carbonated drinks...I froze a doctor pepper once and when I opened it all the way, it began fizzing like crazy like I had shaken it a lot! I think maybe I hadn't unscrewed it enough for gas to come out...So make sure you hold it over a sink when you open it just in case lol and leave the cap unscrewed a bit. Hope this helped!

Haha, I have to say being a Met fan and all I enjoyed this, but that's the Post. Anyone who lives in New York knows how bad the Post is. I don't take anything that the Post says seriously. It's a newspaper that doesn't report news and its garbage. I wouldn't use this as my guideline for why Yankee fans are cocky or whatever cause it's doesn't report the truth.

• I wouldn't take anything the NY Post says seriously. That paper is garbage & is always trying to stir crap up. I posted that article in an earlier question of mines & i as a Yankee Fan can say that those idiots that spoke in the paper do not represent all Yankee Fans.

Besides i happen to like Philly Cheese Steak Lol. :)

• ?

NY Post=crap.

It's like Fox News, just b/c it says its news doesn't make it a legit news source. They are both sensationalist tabloids. They have less credit in the tabloid hierarchy than TMZ...

Funny too Rupert Murdock owns the Post and Fox News.. he's a real... what did you call it? Jackbutt.

Being the defending champions doesn't automatically make you not the underdog.

Yes you are the best team in the NL. But tomorrow you will be playing the Yankees, and AL team, who have only lost 8 games at Yankee Stadium since the All-Star Break. Feel so good now?

Edit: as a Yankee fan I will not eat any cheesesteaks until the Series is over, as not to jinx it.

Ah, people need to stop taking what the NY Post says so seriously. Trust me, anything written in there is trash.

The Post is basically a tabloid posing as a newspaper.

Both newspapers have been talking smack back in forth to build this series up.

There's obviously no clear cut favorite. At best they could give either team a slight edge in this one.

i dont get how were the underdogs ? like we get no respect and all the announcers show just how much they want the yankees to beat us- yea right. like they all talk trash but when we beat them there gonna come up with every excuse under the sun like come on now were they greatest team and people underestimate us so much. but dont worry about it they will realize whose the best when this world series is over . :)

Source(s): huge phillies fan :)

The Yankees are the betting favorites which makes the Phillies underdogs by definition. I don't read the Post.