Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My boyfriend keeps smoking?

He use to smoke alot before we even talked but he recently stopped doing it so much. when we started going out i told him i didnt like it and he said he'd try to stop. so everything has been fine until this week.. his parents grounded him from his car so now his friend is giving him a ride to school. So he smoked yesterday before school and again today before school. it really bothers me and ive told him that but he pretty much told me that he likes it and hes going to keep doing it. i just dont know what to do. i like him so much and i wont break up with him so please dont say that... any ideas of how i can get him to stop or what i should do?

• LILAC

I'm sorry to say but you can't force him to quit if he isn't ready to.You can make him think about it by telling him the health risks of smoking,but it might not do much good if he isn't ready himself.

take a puff, say you hate it, start coughing, make HIM realize how terrible it looks.