ok asked in TravelMexicoMexico City · 1 decade ago

Traveling to Mexico city, Mexico?

What are some fun things to do in Mexico city? Me, my mom, my 2 year old niece, my 22 year old brother and my 14 year old sister are all going march 1st through the 7th to visit my husband in Mexico. He lives in San Luis Potosi and he doesnt really go to Mexico city that much.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mexico City can be a wonderful place to visit. I could spend a lifetime there and never get tired of all the magnificent arts venues, fun activities, delicious world-class restaurants, and blistering hot nightlife scenes. It's one of the biggest cities in the world, and with that comes an amazing diversity and something for everyone.

The ancient ruins at Teotihuacan is a "must see": it's one of the most spectacular archaeological ruins in Mexico and there's nothing like climbing the Pyramid of the Sun early in the morning and then just sitting and watching the early morning mist burn away from the rest of the site. Spectacular place!

If you're into archaeology, there's also the Templo Mayor, the National Museum of Anthropology, and a slew of historical sites around the city and environs.

If you like kid-oriented fun, the Chapultepec Zoo is arguably the very best zoo in all of North America (worth going just to see the panda exhibit, though the new serpentarium is amazing). There's roller coasters in Chapultepec park, or you can head over to Six Flags Mexico and get your theme park fix. They've got a fun science and technology museum in Chapultepec too, and their Papalote Museum is one of the best childrens museums you'll ever see.

You could spend months in Mexico City touring the great museums and galleries. One way to narrow down the focus to something you could do in a few days is to just the biggies, or maybe do something offbeat like move around the city in search of the great Diego Rivera murals (there's lots...plus you'd want to see his studio in San Angel, the Casa Azul in Coyoacan, his Museo Anahuacalli, and of course, the Museo Dolores Olmedo.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Mexico is one of the most popular tourist countries on the planet. Much of the tourist industry revolves around the beach resorts as well as the altiplano in the central part of the country. Visiting the northern interior allows visitors to get off the beaten path a bit. American tourists tend to predominate on the Baja peninsula and the more modern beach resorts , while European tourists congregate around the smaller resort areas in the south like Playa del Carmen and colonial towns like San Cristobal de las Casas and Guanajuato.

• 4 years ago

Well if u like museums then mex city is the place ur lookin 4, its the city with more museums in the word!!!! There r also a lot of places where u can visit downtown (there r some nice walkin tours)...u can take the Turibus that is a hop on hop off bus that is cheap and will take u 2 all the interesting places we have here. U can also do some shopping or ice skatting (theres gonna b a place 4 this in the zocalo thats downtown or the one in Liverpool Insurgentes thats a shopping mall), going 2 Teotuhuacán, concerts or theater (if u dont understand spanish u can choose a musical). Hope it helps u, enjoy ur trip :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Click the link below to see a list of 284 things to do around Mexico City ranked in order of popularity:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g150800-Act...

Catch a performance of the Ballet Folklorico:

http://balletamalia.com/

Learn about the pre-Hispanic cultures of Mexico at the Museo Nacional de Antropología:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfc257xI0eA

Youtube thumbnail

Take a short trip out of the city to see the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGZ4AwqUQWE

Youtube thumbnail

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

in my loved mexico you can shop in tepito

you van dance whith the mariachis

and comer enchiladas jajajja

y darme un beso si estas guapa

• 1 decade ago

try cozumel

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.