how high is a temperature of 105 in a toddler?

i know it's high. i know that 104 you need to call a doctor. i was watching my 2 yr old nephew and took his temperate it was 105.2 my sister rushed home from work and took him to the ER. whats the highest temperature your child has ever had? did we jump the gun by rushing him to the ER?

Favorite Answer

Good call to seek immediate medical intervention and treatment. While febrile seizures are not uncommon in toddler's with a temp over 104, the underlying reason for the fever would be my primary concern.

Running a temperature is one of the human body's responses to an infection of some type... Most bacteria and viruses are very sensitive to temperature changes and don't do too well at high temps...100 degrees is not a problem... In fact temperatures up to 103 for a short time will not cause any damage and may hasten the bugs departure... If the temperature goes to 104, call the Dr. If your child develops any loss of consciousness, delirium or has a convulsion, go to the ER immediately... Your child will be miserable Motrin is a good choice of pain reliever fever reducer but in my opinion letting a fever run it's course is a good course of action. Also do not use cold packs to try to reduce the fever... It will only cause your child to shiver and be more miserable... Motrin, and lots of fluids is the best treatment...

My child has been at a mere 101.7 but he's only 9 months. You guys did the right thing by rushing him to the ER! A fever as high as 105 can cause seizures as well as brain damage. I hope they got everything sorted out at the hospital and I hope he is doing better.

No you did not jump the gun. Goodness. I hope he is O.K. I will send up a prayer.

Highest my child has ever had was about 102.5 that was a year and half ago when she had the flu. She was 18 months at the time.

The highest I have ever had was 105.3 Thankfully I went to the doctor and got on Tamiflu and I was fine in a few days.

This is the same as 40 degrees celcius and the normal body temperature in celcius is 37 degrees. Take him to a doctor NOW

The highest my son has ever gotten was 104. As soon as it hits 105 any toddler need to go to the e.r. so no you didn't

Source(s): Children's hospital nurse told me

102 was my son highest. She was NOT jumping the gun at all. Too high can cause brain damage.

that is very high they can start having seizures and even cause brain damage. my daugter when she was 4 had a temp of 105.00 when she got to the ER.

no u didnt jump the gun...anything over 101 u need to goto the dr. there is a risk of seizure in a kid that young.

• x3 ♂

That is way too high, 107 is the highest an adult can go without almost dying... I hope he's okay!!!!