Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

POLL: Do you want to receive the Swine Flu Vaccine?

Do you plan on getting the swine flu vaccine or not. I'm just curious on everybody else's answer. Explain why or why not if you want to.

Best answer gets 10 points.

Favorite Answer

Absolutely not. Swine flu has killed less Americans than people who die in car crashes every day. Gerald Ford ordered all Americans to get the bird flu vaccine, and it kill more people than the bird flu. I'm not anti vaccine, but I only want a vaccine for something I think is an actual threat.

This vaccine just came out. And has olny been testedon 100 people before saying it was okay to give to the public, not only is that irresponsible, it's stupid beyond belief. Many people are having bad reactions to the medications. Unless there is a special illness that requires a child to need vaccinations (otherwise any disease can kill them) I don't believe anyone should get a flu vaccine untill they are old enough to decide if they want it or not. Flu vaccines 99% of the time don't do anything and if a baby has a bad reaction to it, because of the low immune system babies already have it will most likley cause severe problems. You have to understand something, just because he gets the vaccine doesn't mean he still can't get swine flu (which is pretty much non-existant now). He can still get it. Flu vaccines are just guesses as to what the flu strand is. And since the flu strand is constantly changing, by next week the vaccination could be obsolete, or it could have been the wrong guess to begin with. I would never give my child a flu shot. To be honest I think it's a bunch of crap that gets the Pharm companies more money. -Connor

I already got the vaccine, it was offered at my college for free and I only waited like 30 minutes. I decided to get it considering the reports say that there is an increase in the amount of young, otherwise healthy people getting the flu. Better safe than sorry.

Yes. I have asthma, which is a chronic illness that will enhance the affects of the Swine Flu. I am currently sick, and I have yet to get the vaccine. That scares me a little.

No.

I'm young and healthy. I get the flu every year and come out of it feeling fine. I see no reason why I should get it when someone older or in worse health who could actually die from catching the flu can have my vaccine.

...No, I am not getting the Swine Flu Vaccine.I'm sure there are people who need it alot more than I. When I get viral or bacterial illness, I use "transfer factor plus. It kicks up your immune system by 248%.

• I was...until I got the swine flu last week and now am recovering. Oh well; wasn't so bad.

No.

If I catch the swine flu, I do not have to go to school.

No way.

First of all I absolutely cannot stand needles.

Second of all, after getting the shot, you are very likely to get another flu anyways. I'm already sick, so i don't want to risk that.

Third of all, I don't want to wait for 4+ hours to get it.

Hope this helps.

no

i got my regular flu shot and now i have symptoms of the regular flu

Source(s): me