Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Looking at a 1995 Grand Prix GTP need advice?

So Im currently looking at this 95 grand prix and its in my price range. Is there anyone who can tell me anything I need to know about this car? history of problems? I know the 3.4 is a solid motor. (I was under the impression is was a 3.1 however the GTP versions were 3.4's) which basically is the same thing mechanically it looks pretty good . I would just like some input on it. thanks

its 1595 $

162k on it

Favorite Answer

The 3.4 with the twin dual overhead cams are junk!! They have intake and head gasket problems. I wouldnt buy it. I owned a 94 gtp it was the worst car i ever had. The only gtp worth buying are the ones with the 3.8. Wich i believe came out in 97

Its a Pontiac so it will break down. If you know how to work on cars go for it. But for 1600 you could get a nice Honda.