Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

marrying my girlfriend in summer of 2010?

I want to propose to my girlfriend soon, very soon. I want to marry her in the middle summer of 2010 which is either seven or eight months away depending on when I propose, but I want to propose within the next two months. Her parents want us to live with them for the first year or two so they can help us out. I'll still be in college getting my AA degree so I think it's not a bad thing if I marry her in summer. I know love is patient but for me and her, love is patient...yes but it's either this summer or next which is 2011. Waiting until then (summer 2011) our hearts might explode. I love my girlfriend so very much and my girlfriend loves me very very dearly. My parents (my mom) is for it and so are her parents. My girlfriend and I know already that we want to marry each other and we talk about it so yeah. If this makes sense, please give opinion.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Aww, congrats! =D well, it is recommended to wait at least a year, but i would think that that would be plenty of time. I'd check with your church/synagogue to see what they would prefer. Once again, congrats, man! Best wishes!

• 1 decade ago

What's the rush? You're determined to marry someday, so why not wait until you two are adult enough to set up your own household? You're in a committed relationship already; the only difference between that and marriage is a legal formality.

• Poodie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

My opinion is that, no, your hearts won't explode if you wait another year. Marriage is stepping into adulthood. If you can't afford even an apartment by yourselves, you aren't ready. Please finish school and establish yourselves jobs and a home before you take the leap. You'll thank me.

Good luck on your proposal. :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

However, wonderful you think living with anyones parents is gonna be you are wrong. Parents get in between marraiges you will regret that. wait til you can afford your own place!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is not fun living with your parents or in-laws after you are married. We did it for awhile and it put a wedge between me and the in-laws.

• 1 decade ago

Congratulations!!! Im engaged myself and getting married in oct 2010. Id say do it. ...

• 1 decade ago

I have the perfect answer.

do what you think is right and it will work out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.