marrying my girlfriend in summer of 2010?

I want to propose to my girlfriend soon, very soon. I want to marry her in the middle summer of 2010 which is either seven or eight months away depending on when I propose, but I want to propose within the next two months. Her parents want us to live with them for the first year or two so they can help us out. I'll still be in college getting my AA degree so I think it's not a bad thing if I marry her in summer. I know love is patient but for me and her, love is patient...yes but it's either this summer or next which is 2011. Waiting until then (summer 2011) our hearts might explode. I love my girlfriend so very much and my girlfriend loves me very very dearly. My parents (my mom) is for it and so are her parents. My girlfriend and I know already that we want to marry each other and we talk about it so yeah. If this makes sense, please give opinion.

Favorite Answer

Aww, congrats! =D well, it is recommended to wait at least a year, but i would think that that would be plenty of time. I'd check with your church/synagogue to see what they would prefer. Once again, congrats, man! Best wishes!

What's the rush? You're determined to marry someday, so why not wait until you two are adult enough to set up your own household? You're in a committed relationship already; the only difference between that and marriage is a legal formality.

• Poodie

My opinion is that, no, your hearts won't explode if you wait another year. Marriage is stepping into adulthood. If you can't afford even an apartment by yourselves, you aren't ready. Please finish school and establish yourselves jobs and a home before you take the leap. You'll thank me.

Good luck on your proposal. :)

However, wonderful you think living with anyones parents is gonna be you are wrong. Parents get in between marraiges you will regret that. wait til you can afford your own place!!

It is not fun living with your parents or in-laws after you are married. We did it for awhile and it put a wedge between me and the in-laws.

Congratulations!!! Im engaged myself and getting married in oct 2010. Id say do it. ...

I have the perfect answer.

do what you think is right and it will work out.