? asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Have long hair but kind of dead? or shorter hair but healthy and soft?

I have long hair right now but not long enough to be able to cut the split end/dead parts and still have long hair. The ends aren't too too bad but bad enough to where i can't air dry my hair or my ends will frizz up. I don't know whether I should cut my hair and let it grow back healthier (which would take so much time!) or cut it and have it pretty and soft & all that jazz? If i were to cut it, my hair would probably be near armpit level. and if i were to just trim it (which doesn't get the ends fully), it would be just past the bottom of my boob lol. but idk what to do. what should it do ?

Favorite Answer

short and healthy. i know what you mean on this, i colored my haiar with store bought dyes and stuff and was trying to get my natural color back but it kept fading to the brassy blonde highlights i had, my hair was like mid back lil bit lower than boob area. so i got it cut to my collar bone so that way more of the dye was gone and i that way i had very healthy ends =] no matter the length of your hair, always go the healthy way and get it trimmed every few months. average every 6 weeks =]

Source(s): im in hair school =]

Healthy hair progress begins with well nutrients. Your hair demands designated vitamins and minerals to develop safely. This will also be accomplished via getting adequate of the correct fat, nutrients, and minerals out of your nutrition, or from nutritional dietary supplements. There also are every other dietary supplements that will also be in a position to aid, like noticed palmetto, Pygeum Africanum, MSM, and grape seed extract. You will have to speak on your general practitioner earlier than you do, or take something, and in addition do your possess study (wikipedia, pubmed, and many others.) as good. Check out the item hyperlink underneath for a few valuable know-how. Hope this is helping...

I had the same problem.

My hair was long, but damaged from bleaching and dying.

So, a couple weeks ago I went in, got a nice cut, and had anything that shouldn't be there cut off.

I can still pull my hair back and I love it.

It's so easy, and I know it will grow back!

• I'd get it cut to right about breast level...it'd look cute I think. Maybe some layers, too.

I think you should get an haircut and it will feel so much better after that you will be able to tell the difference.

• kim t

go to the pro!!! they can layer it so it will still be long, but get out the dead ends!!!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR/// GO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!!!