Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Removing a Mole Help?

Help, i removed a mole by my self, I was told i could tie a string around it and eventually it would fall off. I did this too one and it worked amazing. But when i tried it on another (A bit bigger one) after a long time (about a week and a bit) it was all dried up but not off so I gave it a little tug (Not even too bad, I did do the same to the first one as well) and it came off but started to bleed badly. It kept bleeding until I put a bandaid on it. What should I do?

• Ali

If I were you, I would keep pressure on it until the bleeding stopped.

When I was younger, I always tried to self-remove this one tiny mole on my neck, a few inches from my jaw bone. I would just scratch at it for hours straight, until the pain became unbearable. All it did was bleed a little, and I was left with a sore spot on my neck for a week. It wasn't worth it. Trust me.

You probably have to go get a stitch or two in it. When doctors remove them that's what they have to do. Removing them yourself isn't exactly a smart thing to do. Many things can go wrong, for example, what just happened to you. Next time let the professionals do it.