Can you get an STD if you use someone elses soap?

I now have an itch in my crotch area that I never had before & haven't hda sex in 2-3 years, looks like maybe small red bump or two in one day, can this be caused by using someone else's soap?

I'm a guy

what if they have an std though and used it

Hi,

I am always impressed that there is oftentimes some good advice and good links from people helping others through Yahoo_Answers.

I would encourage you to see a 'good' doctor or nurse and s/he will make a medical diagnosis and thoroughly explain the causes preventions and solutions much better than anyone on Yahoo_Answers could do without seeing you personally.

My best to you,

A1

[(-:]

Source(s):

My own life experiences and from ‘good’ doctors and from sites like the one at <> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication <> Formication is a antiquated term for itching-pruritus disease that can be caused by several sources.

<>

IF you are interested, I feel I have become a quasi-expert on rashes and pruritus itchings after many years of off and on flare ups. So to do my part to make a difference in the world I now take a little time each week to help others understand why better nutrition is so important, and I have posted much of my own story via the link at: <> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200910... <>. I hope you will have learned something today from my own mistakes and would not duplicate them. My best to you and yours. AI - nutritionIst – OJT – [(-:]

NOT very likely. You would have to use the soap with in seconds after some one with an std used it. Stds don't last for long periods of time out side of the body.

You should know some stds can lie dormant for long periods of time before they start to show symptoms. Stds are more likely to be transmitted when you have oral sex or sexual intercourse with some one that has one.

if the soap is not one you regularly use, one of the ingredients

may have irritated your skin. it's highly unlikely that you could

get an STD from someone else's soap.

Source(s): Pharmacist