bwlobo
bwlobo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is the state "opt-out" a mirage?

I like what Michelle Malkin said about the "opt out"... "It will be easier to get Michael Moore through the eye of a needle than for states to opt out of Obamacare." What do you say?

Favorite Answer

"Opt out" and co-ops are just the trigger. These may not get to government run health care immediately. They will all take time to develop. But no matter what road they try and bring Americans down, the destination is always the same... complete government-run health care.

"The end justifies the means" is the philosophy that Niccolo Machiavelli espoused in the early sixteenth century. Obama keeps this alive today.

Source(s): TT

How about we all get the kind of health-care that our politicians get, and THEY pay for it? I likey that so much better. Actually, I'd like to opt-out of this administration completely, and hire a new one that knows what in the world they're doing 'cause these bozos don't have a clue. It's like watching the Keystone Kops colliding into each other. I agree with what many have already said. Once you let the stink out of the outhouse (or was that White House?), you'll never be able to get it back in again. We'll be stuck with it, even when it doesn't work like they say it will. Then, they'll have to "fix" it. Yeah, right. Our government "fix" it? They couldn't fix a two piece jigsaw puzzle. Just look at how they "handled" the Cash for Clunkers boondoggle (or was that "horns-waggle"?). Anyway, just my two cents...not worth much but I feel SO much better now that I've vented. Thank you! <*)))><

• JcL

Of course Malkin is right. How could a gov that sets prices, and competes with companies not take over everything? the US Gov wants our money, and they are not about to let anyone opt out!!!

If you examined Barry's DNA you would see that the strands would say "I am the greatest, so I should rule the world and it doesn't matter if I have to fool or lie to the rest of the stupid little people, because I am The One."

Did you see the Afghans burn Berry in effigy today? (Photo here)

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/20...

Opt out of any kind is a mirage. No illegal aliens is a mirage. No public options is a fantasy. No matter what these lying sacks of monkey s*** promise, they will leave in some obscure little way of still getting exactly what they want with some mysterious "trigger" that will kick in no matter what.

• n9wff

All Obama and the Whit House cronies care about is the image they want to portray. Nothing of the truth. No debates. No one should have the right to say anything against them.

Socialism rearing their ugly head.

All the crap pelosi, reid, and other smoker filled senators hide from the public in the health care bill they will avoid from the norm. This reform is so good that they won't even take it themselves. Why? They don't want government to control them, they want to do the controlling.

I guess grandma pelosi doesn't please everyone, so why not force it?

This is what happens when we vote people in who refuse to play by other rules, just create their own.

It is a sham They will allow it long enough to get the bill passed. It is easy to push changes to legislation through once it is passed. You can bet that it won't be long before the states right to opt-out is taken away.

This government just changes terms - or redefines - anything they don't think the public will like: Consider.......Global Warming now Climate Change, Islamic Terrorists now Enemy Combatants. Typical Obama Double-Speak.

• WJ

All senators are corrupt. The house is our only hope. Facing election in 1 year instead of 3 should put the fear of God into them.

Smoke and mirrors

Can I opt out of income tax? I think not! Same thing.

Yes it is a mirage and Malkin was dead on.