Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

Could I have an STD, is it possible?

Please read the whole thing before awnsering!

Earlier today, I found out a close family friend has an STD. She had sex once with a guy from high school, and recently went to college where she found the man she was going to marry. They were trying to have a child, but couldn't because she became infertile. They found out she's had an STD so long and had no symptoms the whole time.

This scared me.

I was abused as a child. The man who molested me did not "go all the way" but oral sex was involved in both.

What's the chances of me having an STD?

Should I get tested? I haven't been sexually active, but was abused for a few years..

Hi Agree, that's too much on your mind, the only real way to relive any anxiety is to be tested. Is there a drop in centre near you that you could attend... they offer free testing and you should have results back within a week or so. Otherwise try online testing, its common place nowadays and no waiting around... www.safescreen.co.uk

Source(s): www.safescreen.co.uk
  • PD

That's a lot to carry around mentally. Without a lot more detail it is hard to say for sure, but for your own peace of mind...Get tested.

to relieve your mind.. go get tested.