Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Best City in California?

My hubby and I are planning on going on vacation from March 28 - April 3 and we are considering going to California. We're not interested in any winery's or Disney Land, more so in the beaches and the scene. We are a young couple (I'm 21 and he's 23). Any suggestions?

Also, if you have a hotel that you liked a lot we'd welcome that suggestion too!

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

San Diego's Gaslamp District. Santa Monica/Venice. Newport Beach, Laguna Beach. Santa Barbara, my favorite place in California.

I'm partial to San Diego only because I've lived there for 40 years. There are great beaches there and since you are coming in the Off-Season you will get fairly good rates on hotels. This link is for the Best Western Blue Sea Lodge in Pacific Beach in San Diego. There rooms usually run around $300 per night, but now they are $109.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-397094-best_wester...

Pacific Beach is a fun community to walk around in. Tons of shops, good places to eat, drink and dance. Research a little more yourself by searching zip code 92109.

PB is only 20 minutes from the Gaslamp Quarter in downtown where there is terrific nighttime entertainment. PB is also 20 minutes from La Jolla Cove where the coastline morphs from flat sandy beaches into rocks and wave battered cliffs. It's postcard material.

As another option regarding beaches:

Why not fly into San Francisco, rent a car and drive to San Diego on the coast route? You'll pay a few dollars more for the car because you are not 25, but the sights you will see along the drive down Highway 1 will last you a lifetime. It's only an 8 hour drive and when you stretch it out over seven days you will really enjoy the places you encounter.

Incidently, if you were thinking of swimming in the ocean the water will still be real chilly. Wetsuit conditions usually.

Source(s): 40+ years of living in and traveling the California coast.

You like beaches, I hear San Diego is very nice

I have been to San Fransisco, but the water is too cold for swimming especially in March. San Fransisco is a very fun city to visit, with Alcatraz, lots of museums and not too far from Muir Woods

Source(s): ..

Hello

This can help you to find nice hotel deals.we can check and compare current hotel prices along with reviews at “hotels combined”

-------------------

Besthotelbookingguide.com

-------------------

good luck!..............