Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do husband's choose to stay?

If you know you are not in love with your wife anymore and you have told her this, and shown her in many ways why stay? Is it really for the children or is it because you found how much child support or alimony will be?

Great question, Sister Girl!!!! Why do they stay?

*Alimony

*Child Support

*Regular Sex

*Three hots and a cot

*Someone to listen to them at 2 in the morning

*To have someone to take care of them

*To say that they have SOMEbody

*To financially maintain the lifestyle they live with you.

*To continue living in a home rather than a pay-by-the-week spot.

*Did I say regular sex?

*To c*ck block. He doesn't want anyone else to have you.

Can't wait to see the rest of your answers. All jokes aside, I think guys are huge procrastinators. I don't get it, but then again I'm not a guy. I was told this by a guy, so I'm just repeating what HE said.

Sweetlee, men pay alimony and child support, even if they are married. A divorce means they have to pay for a second home second electric bill, second everything on top of it all.

Husbands choose to stay because of the marriage vows, children and relatives. I think there is more than you are telling us. My guess is you would like a divorce so you can date some woman you have met. Maybe at work or even on the internet. You are bored and think this would be lots of fun. Remember you not only will be hurting your wife and kids, you will hurt your family, friends, coworkers, neighbors. Think about it carefully.

you stay for convenience, you stay hoping the other party will change your mind. and yes, i am sure some stay to avoid paying either child support or alimony.

• Maxi

Smile! Could be any of those reasons.........many guys leave home where mummy has always looked after them, immediately got married or lived with gf who continues where mummy left off so don't know how to cope on their own....men are practical!

The answer is different for every guy and every situation.

If it is just for the kids then it's really doing more harm than good. kids aren't stupid and they know when there is tension between their parents.

Because changing up is hard. The daily routine is easier to deal with.

It's all about the money.

The wife can start the divorce, too, you know...

• Jan

I'll vote: $$$$$$