what colors can i mix for orange frosting using food coloring ?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Gary D
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Use one drop of red with two or more drops of yellow to get the color you want.

• 1 decade ago

You're going to use the basic RED and YELLOW colors from any box of food coloring. You need to start by getting the frosting yellow first and then add single drop at a time of red because of how strong a color it is. Mix between each drop or two, checking to see if you have the desired orange color yet. Do not start with red and add yellow - red is an overpowering food coloring and is hard to change with such a weak color like yellow.

Source(s): Personal experience.
  • 6 years ago

man, these answers are rude! I know yellow and red make orange, but I actually have Wilton colors and my orange turns out peach. I don't want to add too much and make it taste bad, so I was wondering what color should I add to orange to make it "Halloween" orange. I added a little red and a little brown, but its still too light.

• 1 decade ago

red and yellow - but start off with just a few drops. A little food coloring goes a long way. you can always add more drops to brighten the color

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ummm back to the basics of the color wheel....red and yellow and if you still have the box the food coloring came in it should tell you how many drops of each color to use to achieve the shade of orange your going for

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Red and Yellow.

If there is nothing on the box to tell you how much of each, you start with red because it is the over powering colour of the two. Then you keep adding yellow until it is the shade of orange that you're looking for. If you started with yellow and added red, just one drop could make it too dark.

• 1 decade ago

boy! a lot of these answers were rude. Not everyone remembers the color exchanges. I for one learned to put in the lighter first. A lot of people didn't know that. Be nice people! She didn't come here for abuse.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Red nd Yellow..

• 3 years ago

Wilton Color Chart

• 1 decade ago

Pull out your color wheel: yellow & red make orange

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.