Pikachu asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

CC Sabathia or Cliff Lee:Who would you rather have?

I know the answer for Indians fan. You want them both back. But for other fans, who?

C.C. Sabathia: W-136 L-81 Winning %.627 ERA-3.62 CG-13 SHO-11 SO- 1590

Cliff Lee: W-90 L-52 Winning%.634 ERA-3.97 CG-13 SHO-4 SO-900

Factors:

CC has the greatest chance out of active pitchers for the 300 win club

Cliff Lee has a chance of one of the highest win-loss percentage

and also why

lets talk to their end of careers. If they both retire at like, i say 42, then Lee will retire first by about 2 years. But at that time, no way they can be good as now

• Favorite Answer

CC Sabathia. I know he plays well in Milwaukee, forget the playoffs for the Brewers, it was a fluke that CC didn't do well. Up until that playoff game he had a 1.65 ERA with the Brewers. He got over the mental pressure of Post Season with the Yankees, now he'd be full throttle excellent for the Crew.

However, in the predicament the Brewers are in I'd more than gladly take Cliff Lee.

My real question back to you is now or for how long we talking?

CC since he is a power pitcher will begin to fade & will have to reinvent himself later in his carer. So if you are talking now I would want CC no questions about that, he will probably keep this up for another 3-4 years of being the dominate guy (hopefully)

In the long term Lee is a control guy who dosent have to overpower you, Lee could keep up his dominate pitching for my guess would be another 4-5 years, but as of right now CC would be the better pitcher. In terms of longevity I see Lee being more valuble.

Of course you would also have to factor in how well CC would/will/could reinvent himself when his fastball dips into the low 90's at top out speed. That will be the interesting one. Also you would have to take into account injuries, CC has a lot of mileage on him, so I dont exactly know which way that factors because anyone can get hurt any time you know.

So right now: CC

5 years from now in mind: Lee

How can you people say C.C.? Yes, Sabathia can strike you out and make you look foolish, but he is not as dominating as people think.

Look at Cliff Lee. Lee does not strike out too many batters most of the time, but there are games where he does strike out 9 or 10. Plus, Lee is also less likely to give up runs, and to get too nervious when things get bac.

Answer: Cliff Lee!

CC Sabathia

I would have CC

I seen him pitch 2 of his 3 postseason starts and he was totally lights out.

I wish he was with the REDSOX NATION so we can build a dynasty around him, he really is a top of the line pitcher. I like CC better right now than any other pitcher in the postseason.

Based on those stats, CC because he is winning in every category except win % and he's only seven point behind in that, and by next season will probably be ahead paying for the overpaid Yankees.

CC. The Man is a beast he can literally pitch one game today and then one the day after next.

Lee is really good too but sabathaia's stuff is great

Cliff Lee.

• Sabathia by a small margin even though Lee is good in his own right.

CC Sabathia, hands down.