Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

how long does it usually take to get food stamps in florida?

or at least, to get their decision about eligibility? ive been waiting for about a week. how do they normally contact you, letter or phone call?

Favorite Answer

Did you apply online? You can go to your access florida account @ myflorida.com and see what they have on there. If there is other info that they need you to send or if you have been approved. It should only take a week to 10 days to know, but the internet will let you know way before the mail.

1

Source(s): Best Type of Survival Food http://renditl.info/UltimateSurvivalFood

it takes about a week or so to get a letter in the mail. I hope you made sure they have your paystubs for the past 4 weeks or proof that your income has ended, if not this will delay everything for a month or even longer

I got food stamps in CT and because I met a certain income gide line I got them right away. But usually I think its a month.

I recently applied online myself. All I know is what the online application said at the end: "if you re approved, you ll receive your card in the mail." How long that takes, they didn t say, but you get the impression it may be awhile. You can, however, check on your application. I ll give them one month, then I ll check.

Welcome to FL….now sit back and enjoy the sunshine and we’ll get back to you in 6-8 weeks.

Call them. Stay on top of your application. There are LOTS of applications submitted, especially right now, so stay on top of it.

If you need something immediately, look into Angel Food ministries. For a small fee of $15, you get a whole bunch of food through a church near you. Yes, it costs money, but it’s only $15 for your family to eat. Look into it if you’re stuck.

30 days with kids

60 days if you have none

if you push it and call them saying you have no food ..they can give you expedited food stamps youre entitled to these by law

I'm sorry I don't know about this

.a month