Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

why are my thighs so big compared 2 the rest of my body?

well i hate my thigs so much they seem so big compared to the rest of my body and i go on diets and everything but the weight never comes off my legs and i hate it..... :(

Favorite Answer

Follow this Diet chart and yoga aasans

It is good that you have sought the help of Yoga to bring your body back into shape. While your practices and measure to eliminate excess weight or what you do is important, what you shouldn’t do is just as important.

* Don’t resort to weight reduction pills or powders of any sort and please avoid crash diets. We shall prescribe you a simple diet that is healthy, easy to follow and will deliver the desired results. See a nutritionist or dietician, if you must, but preferably one who knows and practices Yoga.

* Never skip meals. This makes you overeat at other times. So, by all means eat three or even four times a day, but eat light and sparingly.

Yoga Exercises

Standing Position

# Tadasana (Palm Tree pose)

# Parvatasana (Mountain pose)

# Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)

# Ardha Chakrasana (Half Moon pose)

# Padangusthasana (Toe to hand pose)

# Padahastasana (Forehead to knee pose)

Sitting Position

# Janu Sirshasana ((Forehead to single knee pose)

# Paschimottanasana (Forehead to both knees pose)

# Ushtrasana (Camel pose)

# Gomukhasana (Cow face pose)

# Simhasana (Lion pose)

# Marichyasana (Pose dedicated to the sage Marichi)

# Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord of the Fish pose)

Supine Position

# Purvottanasana (Inclined Plane)

# Matsyasana (Fish pose)

# Pawanmuktasana (Wind relieving pose)

# Navasana (Boat pose)

# Chakrasana (Wheel pose)

# Sethu Bandhasana (Bridge formation pose)

# Halasana (Plough pose)

Prostrate Position

# Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog pose)

# Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)

# Dhanurasana (Bow pose)

# Shalabhasana (Locust pose)

Inverted Position

# Viparita Karani (Legs against the wall pose)

# Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)

Balancing Position

# Vrikshasana (Tree pose)

# Garudasana (Eagle pose)

Pranayamas (breathing exercises)

# Kapalabhatti (Skull cleansing)

# Anuloma-Viloma (Alternate Nostril Breathing)

# Suryabhedana (Right Nostril breathing)

Kriyas (Cleansing techniques)

# Jala Neti (Cleansing Nasal passages with water)

# Sutra Neti (Cleansing Nasal passages with rubber catheter)

# Vaman Dhauti (Cleansing stomach by vomit water on empty stomach)

Yogic Diet

This is very important, if you wish to get back into shape and develop a healthy, slim and shapely physique. Let your diet be Yogic and Sattvic (pure, light and predominantly vegetarian). This means plenty of raw foods – salads, sprouts and seasonal fruit – vegetable juices, dried fruits and loads of water.

Avoid potatoes, peas, chick peas, grams, peanuts, all non-veg fare, fried, fatty and spicy foods, junk / fast foods, packaged foodstuffs and confectionary products. Also keep away from milk and milk products such as cheeses and butter. But you may have plenty of diluted buttermilk prepared from skimmed milk. Avoid snacking between meals and, as mentioned before, never skip a meal.

Please realize – you look a lot better than you think! TV, magazines, etc. are NOT REALITY! Don’t be a victim of marketing – there is a multi-billion dollar industry raking in obscene profits by making you hate your body. The most beautiful women are self-confident, smart, and honest. Know yourself, like yourself, improve yourself, and be yourself – you deserve it.

The only way to lose weight, get fit and stay that way is the slow way – healthy diet and regular exercise.

No dieting: dieting ends, a healthy diet is a lifetime of good habits. A basic healthy diet: lean meats and legumes, dark veggies, whole grains, lots of water, reduce processed carbs (soda pop is Satan!) and increase fiber. Snack on fruits and veggies instead of salt and sweets. You don’t have to count every calorie, but you should be aware of your overall intake.

It’s unrealistic to say you will never treat yourself to deliciously evil food ever again. The first time you fail becomes the excuse to quit completely. Allow yourself a moderate splurge once every two or three weeks. It’s easier to be good if you know there’s a treat in your future. Don’t buy it until you’re going to eat it – who can resist the temptation? Not me!

Exercise: start easy and work your way up. Make the time 3-4 days a week – an hour walk (your dog will love you!), a stroll on the treadmill, whatever. NO EXCUSES - it has to become a habit. After a few months start challenging yourself – add leg weights, join a gym, take dance classes, something. Add exercise to your day in small ways: take the stairs instead of the elevator, do isometrics at your desk, ride your bike to school instead of the bus.

Sadly, exercise doesn’t burn enough calories to lose much weight – two miles on the treadmill equals about half of a Big Mac. But exercise is irreplaceable for a healthy heart, stamina and flexibility. That means a longer and more active lifespan. For best heart health, you need to maintain “target heart rate” (about 1.6 x resting rate) for twenty minutes.

Each body has different needs - find what works for you and stick with it. Educate yourself – anatomy and physiology is the owner’s manual for your body. There are thousands of websites with nutrition and exercise information. You can tell the good ones – they aren’t selling a quick diet fix or the Nuclear Abdominatorizer.

Don’t quit just because you fall off the wagon one or twelve times – that’s just an excuse for laziness. It took years to develop your bad habits; it will take time to change them.

Remember – your biggest obstacles are laziness and unrealistic expectations. Your best tools are perseverance and education.

Good Luck!

Some links to get you started

Nutrition http://www.mypyramid.gov

Exercise, nutrition, and a lot more http://www.webmd.com/

It's just your body shape, sorry :( All you can do is healthy eating and exercise but don't jog or cycle as that could build up the leg muscles making thighs look even bigger, stick to swimming or something that'll tone your legs without bulking

Hi !

I know what you are going through; my thighs are bigger than any other part of my body.

Your body stores fat in your thighs, which is much better than your belly. Women or men, who store fat in their midsection, are at risk for health problems, more-so than people who store fat in their thighs.

My thighs started to change when I decided to count my calories. I eat 1,200 calories per day, and exercise for 20-45 minutes per day.

Diets don't work. Just exercise and hour a day. 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 on the stair stepper.

Try to keep your fat intake less that 70 grams a day. The average person eats about 120.

Don't drink alcohol, its loaded with sugar and calories.

Just eat food thats healthy. Try to go all (or mostly) vegetarian.

Similar to me, but I always thought I had fat knees. then I started walking and running. I feel much better about my knees. My thighs have naturally toned and slimmed down - good luck!!

1