would Demosthenes method of talking with pebbles in his mouth really improve his speech? why?

in order to improve his speech he would talk with pebbles in his mouth so he had to work harder to get the sound out... would this work and why or why wouldn't work? thanks so much for your help

Favorite Answer

It might work if you really did keep them in there while you spoke. The reason behind this is that when your mouth is full you have to enunciate more than normal. eventually you would get used to this and so when you took them out you would still be enunciating more which would lead to improved speech.

Demosthenes Pebbles

This is a tough one. No, they don't fit into the violations that most have received. I had an account suspended because someone asked about Yahoo curbing free speech and that people who answered questions falsely, should they be charged with any damage done cause by the inaccurate answer. I went on a small rant saying that if you took medical, computer, financial, etc., advice from the people on here seriously without any other research, you're an idiot. Plain and simple. Well, that got me suspended. No previous violations or anything. Do they have a right to do that? Yes. They have their guidelines, totally retarded that they may be. Does this go against their Mission Statement? Yes. Everyone thinks of Yahoo as this fun place to be and do fun things, unless, you're on Answers. Then you have a completely set of rules, trolls that search for people to ban, and I don't even want to comment on the "people" who review the pleas to not suspend accounts or answer why you received another violation. Final thought? Yahoo isn't the fun place they make it out to be. About as fun as Auschwitz in the summer most days if you have a sense of humor and try to show it on answers. My account will probably be suspended tomorrow and you're only making my point.