Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

I lost my job, unemployment has run out, I have a hernia and a broken wrist. Where can I turn for help?

I have recently moved back home to Utah after losing my job in California. My unemployment benefits have dried up, and I have a painful hernia that is affecting my ability to do physical labor, and 3 bones in my wrist have been broken for a couple years but I've never had health insurance and until recently they haven't really effected me. Can anyone tell me where I can turn to try and get these ailments worked on so I can be in a better position to find a job?

Edit: I don't have a doctor to go to. I'm poor, and I'm unemployed, and I don't have health insurance.

Favorite Answer

I have great news for you! This year I have had 7 surgeries. I am a student that can only work part time. And, like you, I don't have a lot of disposable income. I turned to Inter-mountain Health care (in UTAH).

"Inter-mountain Health care is a nonprofit system of hospitals, surgery centers, doctors, clinics, and home care & hospice providers that serves the medical needs of Utah and southeastern Idaho."

The Financial assistance people were so nice to me. I had to fax them some paperwork such as my 2008 tax return. That was all. They did all of my surgeries (about $100,000.00 worth) for $100.00. They even allowed me to make payments on it. "In 2007, Intermountain Healthcare provided more than $154,258,000 charity care, or free care to patients who can only partially pay or are unable to pay. That amount allowed 138,264 patients and their families to focus on healing and not an impossible financial burden. And it eliminated the need for taxpayers to shoulder these costs. "

I am so excited to share this with you!

This is the website-

http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/billingas...

This is the financial assistance phone number- (800) 442-1128

Please call them. They are so nice and have many locations on the Wasatch front.

I'm not a religious person by any means. But tonight, I punched in my search engine "Bengay vs. Aspercream" and somehow I ended up here. I just joined Yahoo answers tonight. I think that is just a little bit miraculous...or maybe just lucky?

Whichever is the case, God bless or good luck.

Fritatta! I love potatoes in fritatta. You can flavor it however you like. I usually prefer either Italian seasonings (basil, oregano, garlic if you have it) or warmer spices (think chili powder, cumin, etc). Google fritatta recipes and you'll find a ton. If you don't have an oven-safe skillet, you can prepare it stove top and pour it into a cake pan or other small baking dish. Good luck on finding a new job soon! If things get worse, rice and dry beans are very cheap and filling. Since you have spices and condiments, you should be able to make them taste very good :-) If you vary the flavor profiles, it can seem like you're not always eating the same thing every day. If you can find some frozen vegetables on sale, your options expand even more.

you had better turn to your doctor ,