? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

is the movie paranormal activity scary?

well my mom is taking me and my friends to see the movie paranormal activity alllll of my mom friends says it freaky and to scary I NEED TO KNOW

Favorite Answer

Aright, so heres the thing.

I am a huge movie buff, and I believe that horror films are just money making schemes that movie companies put out. Teens love them. Most horror films consist of CHEAP scares: Really loud noises that make you jump. And really gory stuff. There have only been a few horror films that are genuinely scary. One is the original "Exorcist" where the images are truly disturbing, and creepy. The other is this film, "Paranormal Activity".

Heres the point. Everyone who says that this movie is NOT scary, either didn't have an open mind going in to it, or is a Non-Conforming wannabe. You know those people that say they didn't like something that everyone else liked, just to look cool, and brave? Yeah, well this movie brings out a lot of that.

If you have a good imagination, this movie will get you.

If you believe in ghosts, this movie will get you.

If you love Horror films, Then you will love this movie.

These horror films come once every ten years, so stop being a hater, and enjoy this film.

Source(s): Film Student.

I just rented the movie today and finished watching it , its not as scary like its alright boring at first but has scary moments the movie was short tho

Not scary at all and no it is not based on a true story like the person said on here (read the website). I found it more slow and humorous than anything. But everyone is different.

The film is scary depending on the person. It can really get inside your head if you let it. I would say a few jumps would be the least you would get =)

i didnt think it was that scary. i love horror movies but its not a horror movie like zombies pop out and scare you kind of stuff. its more of freaky things happen.

Its not that scary

There are some freaky parts but its not that bad

Depends on the person. Personally, I loved it. I'm into anything horrifying, so I enjoyed it. Go see it and see what you think though.

YES! ITS SOO SCARY THAT THEY DONT EVEN SHOW THE TRAILER ON TV. DONT U SEE THE COMMERSHIALS!

if u like scary stuff then watch but i dont like scary.

this is the scariest ****. and plus its based on a true story.

watch the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074

Youtube thumbnail

i havent seen it yet... maybe this weekend...

i wanna see it...