What would you do if you were in this situation...?

Let me start off by saying i can NO LONGER live with my parents, that is not an option. So, I have bipolar affective disorder which I had under control my whole life until my second pregnancy came along (the pregnancy hormones put me over the edge) and now I cant be alone without panicking or take care of my one and half year old without assistance. I was a stay at home mom but when I started having these symptoms due to my pregnancy my boyfriend and I had to move in with my parents so I wouldn't be alone during the day and so i would have help from my sister taking care of my son. Ive never had a good relationship with my parents or really any kind of relationship at all but since we've moved back in they have been so hurtful and so cruel that I absolutely cant bear to stay here any longer. We cant afford to move out right now because we just haven't been able to start saving yet and we have no friends or family we can stay with. For anyone who has ever dealt with depression or anxiety which are my main symptoms from bipolar disorder knows how unbearable it is to live with people who say and do things that are meant to hurt your feelings its not something i can handle especially because its coming from my own parents. What can we do? Please any suggestions will help.

Favorite Answer

Wow that is a hard question because family is the one place you can depend on. I suggest that you go to your OBG and try to see if you can change or get on some meds. Prozac is great even when you are pregnant and breastfeeding. I know this doesn't solve the parent thing, but you cannot be homeless and take care of a baby with one on the way. It is not a better choice.

If you can find a way to cope with your parents, then maybe you and your boyfriend can come up with a solution to get out. You need a plan. My last suggestion is to pray. It always helps. Wherever you are with your belief system, having a connection with a higher power is always cathartic and if you believe God is real He can help you in your situation.

I too deal with bipolar...i live with parents who think it's a bunch of B/S. They think it's lies...or the millions of doctors i have been to were lying!?! I know how it feels and it sucks. Is there a YMCA or women's shelter nearby...they can help you tons! Good luck.

Prayer can be helpful. Know that God can help you live a better life if you want Him to help you. You can have a personal relationship with God by saying the prayer below. God is our Creator, all-knowing, all-powerful, eternal, holy, love. God loves us and sent us His Son, Jesus Christ, so we can go to heaven if we know and follow Him. Forever means without end -- time on and on without death. Forever is what happens after we die. Either we go to heaven and be with God forever, or we go to hell which is very bad and painful forever. The good people who are saved believers in Jesus Christ go to heaven. The bad people go to hell. We need to know and follow God in this world to get to heaven in the next world. We follow God by loving and obeying Him and loving others for Him. Jesus Christ, God's Son, is our bridge to God. Jesus died on the cross to cancel our sins. We need to accept Jesus into our life as our Lord and Savior forever to receive God's blessing and forgiveness plus go to heaven to be with God forever after we die. This is about being a born-again Christian. Faith in God is a gift from God. You can pray for faith in God. Just speak out and ask God for the faith to believe in Him and to follow Him. Some people find faith in God when they realize the beauty in the world is made by God. Evolution can't explain the world's natural beauty, for example, the parks in the world, animals, flowers, peacocks, sunsets, butterflies, rainbows, etc. After you have your faith on, you can pray a sinner's prayer to be a born-again Christian. This prayer is very important and should be said with a sincere heart and faith in God. This is the prayer: "Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and that Jesus Christ is the sacrifice for our sins. I have done the following sins (state these out) and I pray to discontinue these sins. I pray to receive Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior forever. In Jesus' name, amen." I'm Lutheran and I like the Baptist churches too. You could check out a Christian church and also their weekly Bible study group to learn about God's will for your life. You can pray to God about your daily life and have a Christian church pray for you.