Are NFL contracts getting out of hand?

Demarcus Ware just inked a 6 year $80million contract

Albert Haynesworth Also signed a 7 years $100million contract

I'm not debating weather they should take it or not but can teams really afford to pay all these guys that much money???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They can afford it because most of the seats in the new stadiums are owned by corporations who pay lots of money to impress people. We probably bought some of those with the bailout money. Yes, i think all sports contracts are out of hand because it is locking the normal folks out of games with high ticket prices.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Teams can afford it because of all the money the league generates from TV contracts and merchandise sales. Plus, the Cowboys and Redskins have high revenue owners that make huge signing bonuses easy.

What I can't believe is D-Ware getting less money than Haynesworth. Ware's 57.5 sacks is the most in the NFL since he came in as a rookie in 2005 (just saw it on ESPN).

• 1 decade ago

signing someone for that long is never a good idea. That person can get hurt, Not produce, or just not be that good from aging or anything. Pretty much anything can happen. I can understand that you would want to keep your good players but I mean come on. Haynesworth is not producing at all and he seems to be getting hurt alot. Oh well I dont pay to watch them. HAHA.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think they're really out of hand yet compared to other sports, especially since they're not guaranteed contracts in football. But they will skyrocket after the salary cap goes away.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Getting?

Sarge

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there are a lot of fans who buy jerseys from that team 10% goes to who ever buys the team jersey

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

teams can easily afford it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.