Growing up milk vs cows milk?

My baby was breastfeed until 9 1/2 months, and at 11 months Im still a bit unsure about all the milks available and what is best for my baby. At 12 months I was planning on putting my baby girl on cows milk, but after seeing some of the formula ads im wondering whether im suppose to continue her on "growing... show more My baby was breastfeed until 9 1/2 months, and at 11 months Im still a bit unsure about all the milks available and what is best for my baby.
At 12 months I was planning on putting my baby girl on cows milk, but after seeing some of the formula ads im wondering whether im suppose to continue her on "growing up" milk. Does it make much of a difference? What do mothers who never use formula do?
And on cows milk, does it really have to be full fat milk, I assume semi skimmed has the same amount of calcium in it?