NEED YOUR HELP!!! I'm losing my hair - what should I do?

I'm 32 yrs old and in the last 2-3 months I have been rapidly losing my hair. I went to my dr.'s office to have it check out and all he came up with was that women at this age go through hormonal changes which can sometimes also cause hair loss, thought I was under a lot of stress and therefore prescribed some anxiety-relief medication and then ran a blood panel to rule out an under & over-active thyroid and lupus disease. My tests results came out just fine. Yes, its alarming to lose your hair - I now can see what guys might go through or feel. I've already had fine, thin hair, but now this!!! Argh! What should I do? I feel if I wait any longer it is only going to get worse. What if anything should I try or rule out that I haven't looked into? Any suggestions?? Thanks for your help!!! :|

To answer any ?s or add on to my blog...

1. Not taking any medications

2. Not on BC Pills

3. Scalp is extremely itchy & dry but no clear signs of a rash or lesions.

4. Dr did strand test - I failed this test, but reason for hair loss - still TBD...

Favorite Answer

same thing happened to me in my teens

Ok first of all u shud go to a dermatologist and check to see if it is a fungus

if not then it might be ecsima (which is what I had)

if this is the case then ask your dermatologist about a foam called luxiq

amazing results in about 1-2 weeks

I hope I helped :D

good luck

Source(s): Personal experience
  • 3sa

so try this...regular trims are a must, about every 7-9 weeks. if its been awhile since you have had a trim then inches may be called for to get to healthy hair. i use vitamin e on fresh washed hair.(its a vitamin that can be purchased where you buy vitamins, cut open capsule, squeeze into hand, rub hands together and apply to hair) dont message into scalp. if you get too much then just rewash it. hair will feel slightly sticky until dry then it will be nice and soft. it tames the frizzies, deep conditions and makes hair grow about three in a month. it takes about a month for the e to kick in. dont brush your hair but maybe once a week to message the scalp, i use a wide tooth comb at other times. brushing breaks off hair. i just started biotin vitamins two months ago this sat and notice and big growth spurt from that. biotin is cheap. i also have the biotin shampoo that i got from a vitamin store online. five bucks for a big bottle and a big bottle of E is about 8 bucks. the biotin is about 3 bucks. good luck

Source(s): the biotin is wonderful, give it a try

Did they test your androgen levels? Are you having more hair growth on other areas of your body? Are you on the birth control pill?

The 2 times I've had a problem with hair loss was at age 18 which was my first year of college (lots of stress) and at age 24 when I switched birth control pills to Seasonique (The hair loss was cause by taking Seasonique and Vitamin C. Apparently Vitamin C can increase the side effects in some birth control pills. It also gave me a month long period so my hormones were way out of wack).

Research all medications you're on. I found out the Seasonique and Vitamin C thing doing online research and then called my pharmacy to confirm it.

Read this article and see if any of it applies to you. http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/...

My husband has lengthy hair and has been utilizing Loreal Melting Gel for years. It has certainly not triggered him to lose his hair. Probably the worst factor that you just would do in your hair to make it "fall out" (extra like holiday off) is bleach it. Bleaching could be very detrimental if now not performed adequately. So maintain utilizing your gel, you don't have anything to lose! Pardon the pun.

Theres this thing i found and it fills in your hairs natural fibre and should make your hair look like your normal healthy hair its called TOPPIK.

hope i helped.