Jamarcus being benched in Oakland?

I agree with benching that bust Jamarrcus Russell.

I think it is time to bring in Gradkowski.

I'm a Raiders fan and I say its time to cut our losses and move on with a real QB.

Jamarcus is a bum.

Do you agree with Jamarcus being benched today?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

THANK YOU!

Raider fan here too -- and I've BEEN wondering WHY the hell Cable keeps leaving Russell in for the whole game week after week while we all have to watch him get sacked and fumble the football for 3 hours.

It's gone beyond ridiculous.

I was SO satisfied when he FINALLY pulled his sorry a$$ out today and sat him down.

Gradkowski isn't great either, but he's def not any worse than Russell.

Shoot, I'D probably not be worse than Russell.

Al Davis needs to admit his mistake, cut his losses, and find an effective qb.

Of course I agree with him being benched today. I don't think he should start anymore either.

• 1 decade ago

JaMarcus is showing all of the signs of being a HUGE bust, considering he was the FIRST player taken in the draft 3 years ago.

Too bad for the Raiders that they don't have much behind him.

But, if you think that Russell is going to be benched, you're sadly mistaken. Al Davis will not allow this to happen because:

1. Davis is paying him too much money to be sitting on the bench.

2. If Russell is benched, Davis would have to admit he made a mistake. Having Davis admit he made a mistake on the first player picked in the draft? Impossible!

As one who hates the Raiders (and Davis) I have to say: having Russell turn out as a bust couldn't happen to a better team and owner.

Oh, and by the way, Davis' other 2 first round picks the last 2 years are not looking too good, either. Anyone seen or heard anything lately from Darren McFadden or Darius Heyward-Bey?

Nice picks, Al...you just hit the triple crown for failure.

• VGpugs
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yea, but.......Gradkowski isnt what I would call a real QB. I think he can be a better QB than Russell, but not a game changer winning QB. They should have kept Jeff Garcia, at least Jeff would have given them a fighting chance. Hey maybe they can pick up lets say a Jake Delhomme, Kerry Collins or Derek Anderson, or Jay Cutler (lol)..or a Mikey Vick if they get released/benched. I mean almost anyone is better than Russell.

• 1 decade ago

I was thanking GOD! I despise JaGarbage All fat and no Muscle Russell!

But my new found eurphoria was short lived because Tommy cable stated after the game that jaDummy would still be the starter against the CharGirls.

Davis will never let Him Go! Davis needs to die already!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i totally agree . let his fatazz stay on the bench. Gradowski actually moved the offense to the 1yard line we werent able to score but he moved the ball.

The sad thing is that cable said the staring job still belonged to jamarcus

• 1 decade ago

Bench him? Sue him for impersonating a professional quarterback. And sue Al Davis for claiming to support the notion of "Just Win, Baby" at any time in the last 6 years.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You guys should definately start russell next week in San Diego. We are gonna personally stomp your asses again for the 13th time in a row

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It was satisfying seeing him getting benched.

• 1 decade ago

I Think its Time to put him at Line Backer then Draft Colt Mccoy

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I agree ,He should never start another game at QB!Maybe they can convert him into a Offensive linemen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.