emily asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Paul Mitchell Hairdresser? how much $ in normal?

i am goin to go to a Paul Mitchell school near me and i was just wondering if becoming a "paul mitchell hairdresser" was like a guerantteed job at pretty much any place i set up residence after school. (due to the fact i may move because of my mans job)....i just wana know for sure that i will make at least a decent income.

• Nina
    Favorite Answer

Paul Mitchell the School is a great school. I graduated from there and am waiting to take the state board exams.

They do offer job placement assistant. Most of the people who graduated before me were able to find a job in a Paul Mitchell Salon.

I think the first answer is one way of looking at it and should consider. Don't let this deter you. If you really want to be a hairdresser then this can be a rewarding career. It's like in any job, there are some positive and negative aspects.

Your income would depend on you. Just remember to work smarter and not harder.

Paul Mitchell Hairdresser

I hate to be a dream wrecker but if I had to do it all over again - I'd never become a stylist. It is a thankless job. Long hours on your feet wreck your legs, the customers can be a pain in the ***, and you WILL have to work weekends at some point. I have been doing this for 10 years (I know, Im stupid) and live basically paycheck to paycheck. The tips are nice but you cant really count that as an income. Plus, your coworkers can be bitchy and the pay is laughable. You'd probably be better off at McDonalds because most stylist jobs don't pay more than min. wage. It just is a hard, thankless, sucky job. If my daughter ever says she wants to become a stylist I will try to talk her out of it. If anyone tells you they are making a lot being a stylist, chances are they are lying. Only go into it if you're going to own your own shop. That's the only way to make $. Sorry. P.S. Most salons don't offer health insurance so beware! And if they do, you won't make enough money to afford it. trust me. It's a lose-lose situation.

I agree with the previous answer I graduated from The Ohio Academy (which is a paul mitchell partner school) and found a job right away. Your salary depends on what you want to do with your cosmetology career and where you chose to work. If this is your passion...go for it!