can a 30 year old man get in trouble for dating a 17 yr old and getting her pregnant in the state of Iowa?

was just wondering if it is illegal in Iowa and if the male can get arrested

Favorite Answer

Hummm, someone posted that the age of consent is 16, but I am not sure how that would hold up against a 30 year old man as she is a minor and under the care of her parents still at 17...I would fear parents more then the law...I am from Iowa originally and I know if I had got with a guy your age when I was 17 and got pregnant, wether it was legal or not my dad would have killed/murdered you....no questions asked, not joking at all. I would call a lawyer and find out for yourself.

You know, one day you will be a father and will understand just how sick it is for a man your age to mess around with your baby girl....I sure hope her dad is like mine and gives you what you deserve.

Source(s): You might want to read this as it suggest that even though she can consent at 16 according to laws but how they are written also protect her as a minor, you are old enough to be charged as you are not married to her ..look at this http://www.sexlaws.org/answer_board_question-25_ye...
  • lola

The age of consent in Iowa is 16.

• D L

you have a few answers saying "You are SAFE!!!" lucky you. but next time you decide to impregnate a young lady, I would check the laws BEFORE the actual event. I have no judgement against you. she was attractive and liked the attention you gave her, now you have a kid together. if you choose to be in the child's life, i hope you are a good father. if you will not be a good father, maybe it is better to not be in the child's life. the reason for my reasoning is that i had a father who beat my mom til she got enough sense to leave him when i was three. he volunteered to stay out of my life and i am grateful for this. he has turned his life around 20 years later and we get along ok.

you're less likely to get arrested if she says she wanted a kid with you. and even less likely to get arrested if you can make friends with her parents. even if you do get arrested, you're likely to not get charged with anything, so nothing to worry about.

marry her, after you both say this prayer together:

GOD IS THE MOST AWESOME THING ANY HUMAN COULD EVER EVEN HOPE TO EXPERIENCE EVER!

I urge all families to all hold hands and ask together. : say this prayer

you will never regret it.

Put aside your unbelief and Say this prayer so God can come into your life, He is right there waiting, hoping You will make this choice & say it.

He has a plan for your life He can and will help you with everything. He wants you to be the best you can be. He loves you and gave You free will to choose having His unfailing love in your life or not He loved you first and left the door open for you. Its up to you to walk through into His loving arms.

God can help you, If only you ask Him.

If you want to accept Christ as Savior and turn from your sins, you can ask Him to be your Savior and Lord by praying a prayer like this:

"Lord Jesus, I believe You are the Son of God. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life. I ask You in to my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve You always." Amen

He helped me and I want you to feel his Love too.

Then pass on this prayer to others so they can get to know Gods unfailing love too!

• Steve

i think in the state of iowa the father can legally shoot you.

Morally wrong..you got some issues going on here..

Nope - I live in Des Moines and can tell you that the age of sexual consent is 16

http://www.ageofconsent.com/iowa.htm

In addition: age of consent in Iowa is indeed 16 years of age for anyone; as low as 14 for anyone who is less than 5 years of age apart; and as low as 12 years of age under marriage.

If you were my daughter, he would be in BIG TROUBLE in any state !

• Don

Sounds like a stupid thing to have done, legal or not.

Um. I would hope he got in trouble for that.