Is R & S addictive? Is the "God Idea: vs. the "Atheism Concept" an Obsession in many?

Day after day, month after week, years gone by, so many questions, same basic topic, debated ad infinitum, even ad nauseum. Does anyone find what they need here? Do they get their issues resolves? Is there an ANSWER?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I think ad infinitum trumps ad nauseum. I'll still be infinitying it up long after my nausea has killed me.

Apart from that. Yes. Extraordinarily addictive. Like Sid Meier's Civilization addictive. Or heroin addictive.

• 1 decade ago

"Is there an ANSWER?"

There are LOTS of answers.

Mine are rarely original

BUT they are consistent with the reality that imaginary space elfs don't rush about in teh clouds occasionally swoopoping down to do some sorta mayhem like staring up a tsunami, cyclone or volcano

OR start up some new disease

OR figure out what sorta

NEW pain to inflict on a parent of a severely physically or mentally challanged baby.

Having said that, there's not a day goes by that I don't see something new here that I hadn't quite thought of or considered.

AND there's always fundie comedy...

~

Joy: "I myself am not religious.

I just have a relationship with God through Christ.

And I'm not delusional either.

I really have a relationship with Him."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200905...

~

• 1 decade ago

The typical "God exists" God doesn't exist" debates will never be solved. However there are times that I have gotten emails from others that are encouraging or they let me know that through one of my answers I encouraged them and sometimes just reading through all the silly answers can give me a good laugh. So while there may not be any absolutes here, there is communication between a bunch of diversified people who enjoy this forum for different reasons.

God Bless

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Relax.

It's an unproductive waste of time, which for some hones their wit and tones the debating muscles. Occasionally someone learns something that they did not previously know, and goes on to provoke others with said topic.

Just go with it...it's brain candy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The answer is 42.

• 1 decade ago

My son and I are baking apple pies as we speak.

It's great to share life's small moments. We may one day cherish this, and tell our grandchildren about the "days we had instant communication", and they'll be like, "yeah, right, grandma"

• 1 decade ago

it's a pastime

It's been fruitful for me for the most part. I got bored with religion discussion boards long ago. I like instant gratification.

• 1 decade ago

I think its just an easy way to argue ones beliefs, without getting punched in the face!

cheers :)

• 1 decade ago

I'm sure any real answer we find here will only pose more questions. I'm hoping the ride lasts.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's my therapy... i come here to express my opinions and be comforted that there are others who are enthusiastic about being atheist as i am, this is the only place i can speak openly about religion

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.