What do you think of the name Ciara?

It's a Gaelic name pronounced KEER-uh. I do not care for the Americanized pronunciation of see-AIR-uh, at all.

Do you think pronunciation would be too big of an issue?

Do you like the name?

Thank you.

• Milly
    Favorite Answer

Well, I have had run ins with people on here about the named Ciara. These people are the only Americans whom I have had actual opinions on the name, from. It depends on your area really. I know squat about what areas of Northern America that have any influence of Irish culture, but I would assume if you live in an area where people are (even slightly) familiar with Irish names, you'll have more of an understanding and acceptance more so than actual knowledge... if you get me.

I love the name! I know many Ciara's, and I haven't got a bad word to say about any of them. It's a really girl of all girls name, but at the same time it's sensual and strong.

I like it. Gaelic names are lovely, and Ciara has a nice sound to it. But I think the pronunciation could be an issue. A lot of people might think it's like Sierra at first. But I still like it. =)

• .....

My cousin's name is Kierra, pronounced KEER-uh, I like that spelling a lot more because I know most people would pronounce Ciara as see-AIR-uh.

• ?

I love it, I also like Kiera but Ciara is great because it is the original Irish spelling. Just be prepared to explain the pronounciation/spelling.

The spelling *might* be an issue, especially since you live in the US (I'm assuming?) but I love it.

It's so much better than see-AIR-uh, I don't like the sound of it.

:)

• I love this name, but the spelling might cause a problem. Why not spell it Keira or Kira? Ciara will probably be pronounced either see-air-ah or key-are-uh.

Keira would be my favorite way to spell it.

:-)

• Micky

i love it

if you spell it with a keerah people

would pron ounce it better

and i love it i like marie for

a middle name also kay

would be cute

Source(s): erika -- baby expert