Has anyone tried using the "paste the wall" method of wallpapering with Ordinary wallpapers.?

I have just finished wallpapering a bathroom using the paste the wall method and using paste the wall paper. The process was very easy quick and gave beautiful results. However I now have to do another room but the wallpaper we want is conventional "Paste the paper" paper, albeit a good quality paper. ... show more I have just finished wallpapering a bathroom using the paste the wall method and using paste the wall paper. The process was very easy quick and gave beautiful results. However I now have to do another room but the wallpaper we want is conventional "Paste the paper" paper, albeit a good quality paper. Has anyone tried using the the paste the wall method with ordinary papers and long term did all the paper drop off the wall or is it still intact, Did they get bubbles that didn't disappear or sagging joints? In a nutshell what happened? I might add that the walls are in an older house so even though stripped back to the plaster the walls are very well sized and therefore have minimal porosity.