Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 decade ago

How would you treat typhoid fever in a three year old?`?

I'm not related to anyone who has it, but I'm writing a story and I need to know the treatment given for a three year old with a mild-severe case of typhoid fever. Also, what would you NOT give them...so basically I need to know what you would and would not give the three year old.

• Favorite Answer

Three commonly prescribed antibiotics are ampicillin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and ciprofloxacin. Persons given antibiotics usually begin to feel better within 2 to 3 days, and deaths rarely occur. However, persons who do not get treatment may continue to have fever for weeks or months, and as many as 20% may die from complications of the infection. See more on typhoid fever here: http://www.examiner.com/x-7707-Infectious-Disease-...

YOU HAVE MADE A GOOD CHOICE OF GOING TO INDIA. INDEED THE TAJ MAHAL LOOKS NICE. I ONLY BEEN THERE WHEN I WAS SMALL SO I REALLY DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE INSIDE. MANY PEOPLE GO TO INDIA SO ENGLISH IS SPOKEN THERE. MANY TOURIST FROM AROUND THE WORLD GO VISIT THE TAJ MAHAL. YOU WILL NOT BE TREATED AS A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN BEING THAT YOU ARE A WOMAN. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU ARE A MALE OR FEMALE ALL GUESTS ARE TREATED EQUALLY. TO DRESS PROPER YOU CAN WEAR A INDIA SUIT. YOU COULD ALSO WEAR YOU NORMAL CLOTHES BUT NOTHING TOO FANTASY WOULD REALLY DO IT.