Moby
Lv 6
Moby asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Why is Barack Obama always called black when he is also 50% white?

Is it the hair? Colin Powell looks whiter than many Caucasians yet he's always called black. It MUST be the hair!!

If one drop of "black blood" makes you black, then brother, Black People must be the Super Race Hitler was trying to create. He missed the boat and so does white America. ....What do you think??

Update:

Hey Roy, be serious... pollution works both ways.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Sigh...Okay, one more time....He is considered black because the last 250 years of American History says he is. The ruling class labeled anyone with even one drop ( as ridiculous as that idea is) of African blood as black. It was a stigma that could cause you to be raised as a slave, be subject to segregation, and have lower status as a human.

Many people cannot reconcile themselves with the truth that skin color is a such a minute part of our DNA. You say he is half black....well where exactly does the black stop and the white start?...is there a dividing line? Silly huh?

So, as you stated about his hair, people judge on outward appearances.

It is all so shallow, useless and divisive......But some can not get past it.....as your question proves.

• 1 decade ago

because it's easier to manage and control the weak minded by separating things into "categories" that are different from themselves, if he's called american plain and simple then their hatred would have no base.

nearly everyone has different heritage "blood" in them and whomever says they are "pure blood" is lying and hiding the truth. I'm called hispanic or latino while I have english and french heritage.

people are stupid and some will never learn.

• 1 decade ago

I read that Obama is a 1/4 black, 1/4 Arab and 1/2 white.

- Pepper.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because he looks black and acts black.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because that's what America wants.. whether it's right or wrong. He is bi-racial not black..

Funny huh?

Yep I agree with the other guy, he's half white only when it benefits him.

• 1 decade ago

He is 1/4 african 1/4 american 1/4 caucasin and 1/4 human

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A million gallons of pure water becomes a million gallons of pure sewage with the introduction of one little turd-let.

• 1 decade ago

why does it matter? when the economy is down the toilet do you think everyones wondering "WHY IS OBAMA CALLED BLACK?!" come on, now.

• 1 decade ago

he promotes himself as black

it is what got him nominated and elected

he only remembers his white side when it is necessary

his wife and friends seem to be black....as was his spiritual leader the racist 'rev' wright..... white man would not have listened to his racist poison

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Because the term "mulatto" isn't pc anymore?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.