Danyell asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

ABS.................?

do crunches, sit ups, and etc workouts really burn fat and tone abs or just strenghten ab muscles under the fat????

Favorite Answer

Ab workouts only strengthen abs, but will not tone unless there is very little fat over them. Also, doing these workouts burn very little fat, and the fat that is burned is not necessarily coming from your stomache. So ab workouts really don't change appearance physically unless your body fat percentage is very low. So basically if you are trying to tone your abs, the trick is to lose fat through other means (like diet and cardio), and build up your abs. Just working the abs will not burn very much fat at all.

I get asked lots of questions at my website on how can I get ripped abs. Many guys wish for a washboard set of abs and I answer exactly the same every time.

To get ripped abs, 3 disciplines are needed, and you will have to get very good at all of them. You will not get six pack abs doing exercise only while pigging out on crap food.

Complete details below