matthew 7:15-19, fruit bearing christians?

By their fruits ye shall know them. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but the corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Does this passage mean that christians who don't bare good fruits, won't go to heaven???

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Acorn
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It means that a good tree bears good fruit.

A good person produces good in his life.

A bad person might tell you he is good, but don't just automatically believe him. Look what his life produces.

If he says he is a Christian, but goes around judging, condemning, and trying to scare people into agreeing with his religion, then he isn't Christian. Even if he uses all the same words like "prayer" and "God" and "saved" etc.

It means don't believe it until you see proof.

• alber
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

you are able to understand a tree by technique of its fruit. undesirable timber bear undesirable fruit. undesirable timber are decrease down and tossed in the fireplace. Your remark does not line up with: Mat 7:18 "a solid tree can't bear undesirable fruit, nor can a foul tree bear solid fruit. Your passage from Ephesians is right. you at the instant are not saved by technique of works. in spite of the incontrovertible fact that, you do solid works of course because you're saved. Works isn't the determining component in the place you spend eternity. For a Christian, it determines your rewards. a million Cor 3:12-15 Now if every person builds in this beginning place with gold, silver, invaluable stones, timber, hay, straw, each and every ones artwork will substitute into sparkling; for the Day will declare it, because of the fact it fairly is going to be printed by technique of fireplace; and the fireplace will attempt each and every ones artwork, of what type it fairly is. If every person's artwork which he has geared up on it endures, he will acquire a reward. If every person's artwork is burned, he will go through loss; yet he himself would be saved, yet so as by using fireplace.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is not talking about Christians alone, but everyone that you come in contact with.

It is pretty much saying that you can tell from a person's actions how spiritually mature they are. Can you not tell from the outward appearance how healthy a plant is? If it's leaves are withered, it will not bear fruit- it is not doing well. If it is tall and plentiful, it is doing good. Same thing with people- you can read their behavior and actions.

• 1 decade ago

Jesus is speaking about Moses and the prophets.

Many say that Moses did the will of God, so what you are saying that God told Moses to kill and to take that which was not his to take?

This is judging it by it fruit. Jesus told you that should not be angry with your brother without a cause, but went on to say that we must reconcil our differences before our gift to God would be accepted, and then went on to say even if we can not reconcil our differences we must forgive those who tresspass and even went as far as to say that we must turn the other cheek, and love them that hate us.

So if you confess that you believe in Jesus how can you also believe in Moses, Jesus called you that do this hypocrits and liars.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

more or less, yes. But the passage is directly applicable to verse 15...

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheeps clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

False professors, false prophets, false teachers will be surprised at their own end.

The direct application comes later in the chapter:

Not everyone that sasys "Lord, Lord..." will enter the kingdom of heaven.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

but Islam has PROOF of being true unlike any other faith. Jesus fell on his face and prayed to God in the bible..so how can he be God?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iOy4rOeqQo

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=PlayList&p=2DDD34749F3A5EDE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8JiVxyN7-w

Youtube thumbnail

moses or noah or abraham or any prophet didnt think of Jesus as God when he prayed u know.

john , luke ,mark etc are pen names of historians that was not with jesus or knew him and only wrote hearsay over 40 yrs after jesus.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters

of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad

(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

In the ORIGINAL HEBREW bible which you do not know since you have changed it SO MUCH prophesies that Muhammed uwbp will will the last messenger to bring the word of God (Quran).

Jesus said nothing is from himself; it is from GOD. How can man be God?

The word CHRISTIANITY or TRINITY is never mentioned once in the bible!

Mary and nuns cover their heads; as Muslims do.

If Jesus died for all your sins come come you are still born with sin?

Quran says no man will be born in sin or inherit sin and is ONLY accountable for his own actions- personal responsibility!

makes sense?

if jesus was sooo willing to die for your sins then why did he say to God; why have you forsaken me on the cross??

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe that christians that don't do the right things will be judged.

Rom 2:6-11 (Phi) He will "render to every man according to his works", and that means eternal life to those who, in patiently doing good, aim at the unseen glory and honor of the eternal world. It also means anger and wrath for those who rebel against God's plan of life, and refuse to obey his rules, and who, in so doing, make themselves the very servants of evil. Yes, it means bitter pain and agony for every human soul who works on the side of evil... But there is glory and honor and peace for every worker on the side of good...

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Source(s): Bible
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

correct, they don't go to heaven...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.